Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sammy refused her dinner tonight - she's never done this before. She's normally the first one finished eating - we tease her about whether she even tastes it.

She's panting more than normal and is more lethargic. Sawyer seems like he knows something is up....he keeps going over and licking her head and almost nuzzling her.

What could be wrong? ??? :-\

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Re: Sammy doesn't seem like she feels well

No ideas from me, Brooke. It may be an issue for your vet tomorrow, but I'm interested to see the ideas that other people may have.

Has Sammy pooped today??

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks Katherine.

I don't think she's pooped today....

·
Registered
13,418 Posts

I wish I had some ideas, Brooke. :( I hope she's ok.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts

Brooke, does she sleep in the bedroom with you? If she does- awesome. If she doesn't- I'd probably put her there for tonight so you can keep an ear out for her.

I'd prob call the vet early in the morning.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

Oh Brooke, I'm so sorry. Gosh, it worries us so much when our dogs are sick, doesn't it? We're going through something similar with Tucker right now. :(

Prayers that's she's OK and she's just feeling under the weather.

G

·

Boy, it sure does seem like there have been a lot of sick dogs lately. Not eating could be so many things so some questions?
Is it especially hot and/or muggy today where you are?
And was Sammy especially active earlier?
Is Sammy drinking and peeing okay?
Have you taken her temperature?

If she's drinking okay and temp is normal you'll probably be safe waiting until morning to see if she's feeling better. But if she refuses water or temp is elevated -- well, 10 is old enough that I'd be on the phone to my vet tonight.

Hope it's just a quick tummy bug and Sammy will be feeling better soon. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

It's been warm here, but not any worse than the past several weeks. She's been inside except to go out and pee.

What should her temp be? I'll check it now.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

omg...it's 104.5

calling the vet now to see what to do

darnit - we haven't found a vet we really like since we've been here. :-\

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Ok...not panicking...the doc said as long as her gums are pink (and they are) and she's not vomiting or has diarrhea (neither of those) that she's ok for now. She said to bring her in first thing in the a.m.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hey guys....could something be wrong with the food? This is a new bag.....this evening would have been her first bowl of it. She's eating treats out of my hand, but turns her nose at the food.

Sawyer & Sunny ate it fine. ???

·
Registered
4,144 Posts

I'd be cautious, check with the manufacturer regarding the batch number on the bag. I'm sure it's fine, but just to be on the safe side, it doesn't hurt to check.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts

sawyersammy said:
Hey guys....could something be wrong with the food? This is a new bag.....this evening would have been her first bowl of it. She's eating treats out of my hand, but turns her nose at the food.

Sawyer & Sunny ate it fine. ???
Not necessarily; I've had them eat other things but their food when they are sick.....they eat it for a while and then will snub that, if there is something really wrong. Glad you are taking her in tomorrow; will be watching for an update.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts

Brooke, how's Samantha this morning??

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Morning guys. Samantha seemed a little more chipper this morning so I didn't rush her in to the vet. I'm going to take off early today and get her in. She ate a handful of treats, but wouldn't touch her food.

Keep you posted. Thanks for checking on our girl.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts

Rest her gut for a few days by just giving her boiled chicken and rice. Don't rush her back on her food.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts