Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..so Tal and I go to his training class this afternoon and it's really fun 'cuz there are only three of us so you get lots of personal attention.

Then on the way home the age old question comes up...what is wrong with people??!! We saw a beautiful Chocolate Lab in a pickup truck. That part was cool...but the dog was in the bed with no collar, leash, nothing and this vehicle was goin about 40 - 45 mph on one of our busiest streets! One sudden stop and the poor dog would be history.

BTW...only the driver in the truck...sheesh....

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
:-\

I get sooo nervous when I see loose dogs in truck beds. I don't know what's worse, a loose dog in a truck bed or one that's tied, that could still fall over the side and be dragged. Either way though!! :mad:

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Jeep Wrangler and the top is easily removed. I never have Tal in it when the top is off for two reasons...sunny days and dark coats can be a dangerous combination....Second, it keeps him from having a way out of the car if he sees some dog or person he wants to play with...

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I once saw a guy with two mastiffs in a truck bed that weren't tied to anything on the truck, but were tied to EACH OTHER!! :eek:

Some people make me wish I could make a career as a vigilante!!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
We see this quite often down here where we live..it always p*sses me off...how stupid..DUH!
Jackie

myfavoritedog said:
Ok..so Tal and I go to his training class this afternoon and it's really fun 'cuz there are only three of us so you get lots of personal attention.

Then on the way home the age old question comes up...what is wrong with people??!! We saw a beautiful Chocolate Lab in a pickup truck. That part was cool...but the dog was in the bed with no collar, leash, nothing and this vehicle was goin about 40 - 45 mph on one of our busiest streets! One sudden stop and the poor dog would be history.

BTW...only the driver in the truck...sheesh....

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I hear you on that one -- it makes me cringe whenever I see that. I also worry that, if it is a warm day, the bed of that truck can get so hot on their feet. Some people just don't think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts