Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got so caught up in posting the dismal results of our first junior hunter run, that I forgot to mention that we stayed two nights in a motel with my trainer and one of her dogs during the two days of the tests. Sam and Inky (her dog) were in the room with us, uncrated. Inky slept on her bed, and on mine part of the time :-* and Sam slept on the floor between the beds. No problems whatsoever. No barking, no chewing, no quarreling, no wrestling. Part of that was due to the fact that Inky is eight, and very dignified. Not interested in rough-housing!

Just I'm here, I'm glad to be here, whatever we're doing now is fine with me, I'm a good dog behavior from Sam! I was proud of him, and also realized what a fun thing is can be to travel with a dog!

Frances

·
Registered
795 Posts
Oh good for Sam!!! I was wondering about the hotel stay and how it all went. Glad tot hear it went well. How did you like Inky sleeping with you? I know you aren't used to that. :)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sort of weird to communicate with my favorite DIL by lab board.. ;D We're just too busy lately!

It was very odd at first to have Inky in bed with me. He moved over during the night. I was asleep and felt this thump at the end of the bed, and looked and there he was, settling in. I really didn't mind. For those of you who are wondering, I've never had a dog sleep in the bed with me! My "virgin" experience. :laugh:

Sam has never shown any interest in getting in the bed, and since I know SU wouldn't allow it once he comes home, I don't want to get started and then have to "de-bed" Sam. Not fair.

Frances

·
Registered
795 Posts
For everyone else, I may be her FAVORITE DIL but I am her ONLY DIL!!! ;)

But yeah, stupid e-mail at work not working appropriately.

Well, I am glad the Inky didn't disturb your sleep - I know that could be an issue for those who are not used to sleeping in beds with dogs. I am sorta (but not really) surprised that him getting in the bed didn't prompt Sam to want to kinda check things out. But that is just how good of a dog he is!!!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh, that's great! ;D

We've only traveled with Angus once, but it really *was* a lot of fun. He was very cute about everything...had to check out every inch of the room, and he really loved jumping on the bed! :D

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Good Boy Sam. Sorry the hunt test didn't go too well.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
hmm.. excuse my dumbness.. whats a DIL? I really have to catch up on my "computer-speak"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts