Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sally threw up all night and morning until I took her to the vet at 8:00. Threw up probably 12-15 times until she was throwing up a little blood. The vet gave her subcuetaneous fluids because she was starting to dehydrate and a shot to stop the throwing up. He said no food or anything for a couple of hours. It's been three hours. I tried to get her to eat a little boiled chicken and rice. She won't eat. No interest at all. She just wants to lie around and sleep. What do y'all think?

Oh, by the way, he said it's probably a virus because Spud was throwing up the night before and Badger and Hoppy even threw up once each.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I'm sorry she's not feeling well - it's so worrying when they aren't their normal, cheerful selves. Since you've been to the vet, I'd just let her rest - maybe try to get a little water down her, but don't try to coax her to eat - it might take a day or two for her apeptite to return (believe it or not!)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Did they check her for a Pancreatitis attack..now when my cav has a pancreatitis attack he will throw up about 12 times in an hour but they aren't all that severe (tho we are usually at the E vet after a 1/2 hour because it always happens in the middle of the night ..but with that much throwing up I would be concerned..

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think I would give her gut a rest ..since she had fluids and all. Try to get her to drink but I wouldnt try food today.
Hope she is feeling much better.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did they check her for a Pancreatitis attack..now when my cav has a pancreatitis attack he will throw up about 12 times in an hour but they aren't all that severe (tho we are usually at the E vet after a 1/2 hour because it always happens in the middle of the night ..but with that much throwing up I would be concerned..
Yes, they did a blood work-up and checked for pancreatitis.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
All I can tell you is that she'll eat when she's ready. Don't force anything on her, except let her drink little bits of water. If she continues to feel puny, then another vet visit should be thought about.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
MY thought too, when my Casey was throwing up like that and was very tired and did not want to eat at all it was pancreatits.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this Nancy, Sally is in my prayers, please keep us updated.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Sally is in my thoughts and prayers. Hope she is back to herself in no time. You are doing all you can...if it still persists after letting her rest, I would make another vet trip.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still not eating anything. I even tried to hand feed her a few bites of chicken. Nothing. The only time she's moved is when she got up and went to the door and had to go out and pee. She's also gotten up a couple of time to get a little water. But that's it.

I hate that it's the weekend!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts