Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sally's latest title (cool pics added!!)

***More pics in reply. Scroll down!***

Sally got her Turbo Title in Speed Retrieve back at the DockDogs event in Charleston, SC, which was in February.

Her title certificate just came in the mail today. As you can readily see, she was thrilled. :D

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
LOL @ Sally in that picture....

Well done to you both! She sure is a fantastic girl!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
WTG Sally!! I can see from that action shot that you truly live up to the title Turbo! ;)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Turbo Title is for her Speed Retrieve. For those of you who do not know what SR is....it's when they hand a Dokken (Dead Fowl Trainer/fake dead duck) down at the very end of the pool, just above the water. Then you take your dog back to the starting line (20' front end of dock). The lights above the Dokken start yellows then green. When it turn green, you let your dog go to run down the dock, jump in to the water and swim to the Dokken. When they grab the Dokken, the timer stops. It's a timed competition for the fastest time.

Sally's best SR time is 6.94 seconds. The world record is something like 4.97. My goal for this season is to get her down to 6.5.

Here are some photos of one of our SR runs so you can see exactly what it is like.

Pointing out the Dokken to her:

Waiting for the green light...revving her up:

And she's off! Down the dock:

Jumping into the water:

(Continued in next reply)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
WOW Nancy, Go Sally Go!!! I love the series of shots. I bet her chest is as tight as a drum when you are holding her at the start line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts