Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday I'm taking Sally over to the Atlanta Dock Dog club and let her try out her skills at dock jumping. They said 6 months is the cut off age, and she'll be 6 months next week. She loved to swim and absolutely LOVES jumping, so I think this will be a natural thing for her. It's not an event, just a practice time for the dogs....and to introduce new dogs to the pool and dock.

I know she's not ready to actually compete yet. Her sit/stay isn't solid enough, but I think it will be fun to let her see what's going on and actually get some pool time.

Also, my husband (who is a professional sports photographer) is going to go and take some photos, so I should have some good ones to post afterwards.

I just hope we don't freeze. The high here is only supposed to be about 58. :eek: What happened to Spring? ???

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Oh wow....what a great time you'll all have I bet (even though it'll be cold)

Make sure to post your pictures :)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
How fun!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!

I wish we would have something like that around here. Jake likes to swim, but he's afraid to jump off the dock at the park ::) big baby.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yellojakesmom said:
How fun!! I can't wait to see the pictures!!

I wish we would have something like that around here. Jake likes to swim, but he's afraid to jump off the dock at the park ::) big baby.
I'm afraid this is going to be Sally. She's a little scardy cat about stuff at first....well, maybe not scardy cat, but at least she's very, very cautious! ;)

The the guy organizing this club has a choco lab and said his dog wouldn't jump until about the third event. So maybe it's okay if they are hesitant at first. He said he's sure Sally will be off the dock in no time! ;D

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
OOH, fun, yes, make sure you get pictures!

See my sig! It took Thor a while and I LMAO when he first tried. Bless his heart! :-*

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
liveelayne said:
I've always loved that pic!
;D Thank you! See if you can get a video of Sally jumping as well. :) I'd love to see it!
I will try but that will be hard. I am the one who really handles her. Hubby only give her treats and scratches her behind the ears. ;) So I will be the one actually working with her and might not be able to do video too. We shall see! But if not this time, I am sure another time.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
How cool! Have fun! I always wanted to try Maddy out in Dock Dogs, but never got around to it when we were in CA and I haven't heard of places to do it here in CO. She's never been afraid of jumping though...

I bet Sally will have a blast.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I love watching that!
Does anyone know if they have a website? I would love to sign Bandit up! He loves jumping in the water after bumpers and toys!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BrownDog20 said:
I love watching that!
Does anyone know if they have a website? I would love to sign Bandit up! He loves jumping in the water after bumpers and toys!
Here's a place to get started: http://www.dockdogs.com/

Also, post in the Lab Sports forum here and see if there's a local club near you. You wouldn't happen to be in Georgia (Atlanta area) would you?

·
Registered
557 Posts
snowflake said:
BrownDog20 said:
I love watching that!
Here's a place to get started: http://www.dockdogs.com/

Also, post in the Lab Sports forum here and see if there's a local club near you. You wouldn't happen to be in Georgia (Atlanta area) would you?

Ok thanks
No Im not in GA Im in MD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts