Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was Bark in the Park at the Atlanta Braves (vs LA Dodgers) game. You are allowed to bring your dog. They have a special section for the "dog people" and it is really cool. The dog area is quite large....and had 3 sections of seats designated for people to sit with their dogs and watch the game. A large doggie daycare staff worked the area and kept all the water bowls refilled and the kiddie pools cleaned and refreshed. They had all kinds of treat stands and goodies for the dogs.

My son and his wife took their boxer (Heidi) and I took Sally. Well, I was a little worried about taking Sally. She does not do well around other people and dogs. I am working on it, but she still goes crazy....jumping up, going wild....you know what I mean. So I figured I would have an entire Braves game of fighting with her. Well, was I ever wrong!!!! She was absolutely perfect. She did pull on her leash some, but other than that, she never jumped up on anyone....if she started getting too active and playful with a dog, I just corrected her and she stopped immediately. And when we went and sat in out seats to watch the game, she just sat (and laid down) right there by my seat like a perfect little lady!!! I was so proud of my Sally!!!!!!! ;D No jumping up on me or anyone else....no bugging me for attention....no sniffing other people around her. You have no idea how good it made me feel that she is actually getting it! ;D ;D ;D

Here is a picture of Sally and Heidi:

Sally playing in one of the kiddie pools:

Sally and me sitting up on this big chair thingie:

Sally up in the stands by me. She is such a Braves fan. (Notice the complimentary Braves bandana):

Son and daughter-in-law and Heidi. (She sat in his lap for almost the entire game.)

The three of us with Sally and Heidi watching the game.

On the way home, Sally crashed on my son's lap in the back seat. Heidi fell asleep on his other leg:

We had such a great time!!! The dogs we well behaved....and the Braves won!! ;)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
That's such a good idea. It looks like a really fun day. I'm glad the dogs were good and enjoyed the day.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Sally went to the Braves game today...I was SO PROUD of her!!! (lots of pics

azlab said:
Oh I wish the Diamondbacks would have a dog day afternoon.
Our manager, Bobby Cox, is really into dog rescue work. I think he even owns some type of dog rescue organization, so a big part of today's event was rescue and adoption awareness. They had several dogs there that were up for adoption.

Why not email the Diamondbacks organization and ask them about having a day like this? :)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
That looks like a really fun afternoon!!!

One of the minor league teams here in MD has a day like that and I've always wanted to take the girls, but I'm worried about their behavior (haha)

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Sally went to the Braves game today...I was SO PROUD of her!!! (lots of pics

AbbyandMolly said:
That looks like a really fun afternoon!!!

One of the minor league teams here in MD has a day like that and I've always wanted to take the girls, but I'm worried about their behavior (haha)
There were a LOT of labs there! At one point when we were standing up in the picnic area at the railing looking at the game, there were four chocolate labs all right together. It was so neat....it was like each one was thinking, "Oh goodie! Look at all my cousins!"

·
Registered
2,622 Posts

Looks like fun. Well done Sally for being so well behaved :D

Heidi is beautiful as well. Is she back to full health?

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

mattgusmum said:
Looks like fun. Well done Sally for being so well behaved :D

Heidi is beautiful as well. Is she back to full health?
Yes, thank you. She is over everything (except allergies which she will probably always have) and is in fine form. A real sweetie!!!!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
WTG Sally and Heidi! What a great idea not only from a marketing perspective but kudos to Bobby Cox for using an event like this to make people aware of rescues and all. We don't have a major league baseball team here in Memphis, but we do have the Redbirds, the minor league team associated with the Cardinals. It would be great for them to do something like that here!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts

That is SO COOL!! How neat to have a dog section at the game! It sounds like Sally did so great ;D Love all the pictures. My favorite is the big chair!

·
Registered
14,925 Posts

WTG Sally! What a gooooooood girl she is! And Heidi is such a sweetie as well. Great pics.

·
Registered
139 Posts
As a Met fan, living in NY, I can only say that this is one of the reasons the Braves are always a winner. Bobby Cox, and the entire organization are a class act.

Very nice time for all.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Anthony8858 said:
As a Met fan, living in NY, I can only say that this is one of the reasons the Braves are always a winner. Bobby Cox, and the entire organization are a class act.

Very nice time for all.
Wow! :eek: That's about the best compliment I've ever received. ;) (coming from a Mets fan!)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts