Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are cleaning house...

I take the hair picks into the bathroom. I walk back into the living room. I turn around, and the hair brush is now in my living room. :-\

I pick up the hair brush and an article of clothing that belongs to Maddy. I walk that clothing to Maddy's room, return to the living area.... turn around, and the telescope is now in the living room. *bug eyed*

I take that hair brush to the girl's bathroom along with some hair bows that I found and return to the living area, now dodging the telescope. While picking up the tennis shoes from the living room floor, I note that 2 bath scrubbies have made their way into the living room. *eyebrow raised*

I pick up the scrubbies, return them to the bathroom, toss the shoes into Savannah's room and see that the toast has followed me into the bathroom and is sitting on the floor by the toilet.

I pick up the toast, walk into the hallway, bend down to pick up a pile of copy paper with artistic impressions of .... hairy highlighter people...... AH-HAAA! I see movement to my left, so I jerk around and find Strawberry Shortcake beheaded and in the floor. I guess she was trying to get away from the evil rubber dragon in Sav and Alexa's room.... or perhaps hit by the flying tennis shoes.

Sigh... I scoop up the mutilated Strawberry shortcake and deposit her in the trash. When I turn around in the kitchen, the butter has crawled out of the refrigerator.

This just goes on and on. There is no telling what all is lurking behind me while I sit here and type. I heard some kind of flute hose thing sounding off. I skeered.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I don't think this is exclusive to SAHMs. What I can't figure out is that it still happens with just SU and I. When GD,Alexis is over, I find stuff that we don't even own!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I don't have kids and this constantly happens and I can't even blame the dogs! SAHM is definitly one of the hardest jobs out there and someday I hope to be one! ;D

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
ROFLMBO! You just described my life here. Thank God for playyards and coloring books (and baby sitters that don't mind that you're home, running around cleaning while they're here... :-\)

We need something like a 'toy zamboni'; something that you can run over scattered toys and junk with that will scoop it up and deposit it into sterilite containers for you...hrm, maybe I'm on to something...?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dweck said:
Posted pic, please, of the aforementioned "hairy highlighter people." ;D
I would actually love to, but they have been deposited into a 'special' filing cabinet. 8)

I am certain there will be more to come. If I can find my camera.... as it has actually LEFT it's place on my desk (without my permission) I will happily photograph the next hairy highlighter people picture.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
MickeysMommy said:
We need something like a 'toy zamboni'; something that you can run over scattered toys and junk with that will scoop it up and deposit it into sterilite containers for you...hrm, maybe I'm on to something...?
Toy Zamboni ! That is absolutely brilliant!

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I AM constantly being followed by a cute little blonde-haired, green-eyed little monster named Brandon. ;) He follows me EVERYWHERE. My breaks are when he's at preschool 9 hours a week, lol

G

·
labs4life said:
MickeysMommy said:
I think a device like the one they use to pick up tennis balls without having to bend a knee would work. Lego actually made some sort of thing like that back in the 80's. There is nothing worse to pick up that wall to wall legos.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Oh I feel your pain!

Both the dog and ds follow me around when I'm trying to straighten up. I am forever tripping over Tucker, who feels the need to curl up at my feet, even if I'm standing! And then ds just keeps emptying things and pulling stuff out.. and so on and so forth. Makes me wonder why I even try to keep a tidy house. lol

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
deezeldog said:
labs4life said:
MickeysMommy said:
I think a device like the one they use to pick up tennis balls without having to bend a knee would work. Lego actually made some sort of thing like that back in the 80's. There is nothing worse to pick up that wall to wall legos.
Or stepping on a fischer price little people, barefoot

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
labs4life said:
deezeldog said:
labs4life said:
MickeysMommy said:
Or stepping on a fischer price little people, barefoot
Mine are hotwheel cars and those cheap little army men. The army men break, but luckily they're cheap.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
We don't have legos right now; I stepped on one and broke a toe when I lept into the air and came down on a misplaced door stop. ::) I don't know what hurt more, the **** lego embedded into my heel (it's in the boooooone!) or the broken toe.

Dweck, that must be where I got the idea...still is a dern good one. I like the thing deezledog was saying too. There's got to be a way to build something like that, I'd pay a small fortune if it meant clearing a toy explosion in under a half hour.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts