Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wha?!!?!!?

Apparently Rush Limbaugh is now the head of the GOP.

Really?

Red-staters here: Do you listen to/follow/enjoy Rush?

Or Hannity? Or Beck?

May surprise some of you to know this, but I do not. Don't listen. Don't enjoy the prism through which they see the world.

Rushbo may speak for some on the right, but he does not speak for me.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I don't listen to him; timeslot-wise he's up against some local guys whom I prefer.

I agree with a lot of his basic philosophy about the role of the individual and of government but I rarely listen to anybody who is all one side or the other. It gets boring very quickly.

On a personal note, I did play a round of golf with him during a charity event to support The Ronald McDonald House. We talked golf and football and debated the pros and cons of retiring to Florida vs. Arizona. He never mentioned politics and was generally just a pretty fun guy to play with, and a very good putter.

There's be no discussion of whether he is the voice of the Republican party if the Republican party could come up with a voice of its own.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
I also do not really listen to him.

The one thing he does do.....and well... is to look forward with surprising accuracy on political things. He does not just react to the news of the day he tries to reflect on how it will work out in the future.

I think it's funny that he is a target......I guess they have to have a boogey man.

It's not like he can vote.......I can't understand what they are afraid of.......

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the Rush rigamarole does divert attention away from the Bailouttapalooza that we're currently involved in.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Nope not a Rush listener here! I do listen to talk radio some, but prefer some of our locals over Rush, Hannity or O'Reilly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Obama's team is no bunch of slouches...

The GOP had a good run in portraying the Democratic party as puppets dancing on the strings of Moveon.org and so on during that "Betrayus" ad debacle...I suppose lessons were learned in the minds of Rahm Emanuel and co.

Never been a fan of Rush. I think he'sa big part of the problem with the discourse in this country. Don't like his style. There are ways to oppose without beating one's chest and intentionally stoking anger and feelings of "us versus them"...as if "them" is honestly and truly out to destroy the country.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I guess I'll be the first to admit I listen to him. Not three hours every day, but whenever I get the chance, I have him on.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Nope, not a huge fan. I agree with some of his views, but mostly find him a little, too...too. He is a little too over the top.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Nope, not a huge fan. I agree with some of his views, but mostly find him a little, too...too. He is a little too over the top.
Me too. Even if someone like Limbaugh, Keith Olbermann, Ann Coulter, or Michael Moore had a good idea, I find them so repulsive that it's hard to take anything they say.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Not a fan of Rush. I'll watch Hannity on tv if there is nothing else on. Not a fan of talk radio, except the Bob and Tom show on my way to work.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
No I don't listen to any political pundants. I saw something about this on the news where Rush asked someone "do you really want the democrats to succeed? then why did you vote for their package" or something like that.

Excuse me? I'm so sick of this kind of ****. I don't GAS who introduces something. If it's good for the country and will help us out of whatever mess we're in, THEN VOTE FOR IT YOU DUMBASS!!!

Put your country ahead of your party for once! Both sides do it which is why I hate politics. Our country is smurfed up because of this asswipe type of thinking.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Laura -- I agree. There is this whole undercurrent (or maybe it's an OVERcurrent and RL is being blatant about it, I don't know) about hoping that Obama will fail that just makes me sick to my stomach.

I did not vote for President Obama, believing John McCain to be the more-experienced (therefore better, IMHO) choice to lead us. I am, thus far, still in my wait-n-see mode on the new administration, despite being consistently disappointed with the President's poor opinion of the pro-life movement, and even that I don't fault him 1:1, as he's reflective of his party's stance.

But I cannot imagine even the staunchest Red-Stater HOPING that Obama fails.

There is definitely a political pendulum out there, and it swings back and forth. Clearly, with the last cycle, we have swung one way -- understandable after eight years of swinging the OTHER way. And I could see hoping that in the 2012 oe 2016 cycles, that pendulum swings back.

But hoping that the Ds fail altogether? Shoo.---

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Who's the RNC guy - Steele? Are his days numbered considering his blasphemous statements regarding the [married 3 times, former drug addict/first time offender, all around family values proponent] savior of the R party?

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
No I don't listen to any political pundants. I saw something about this on the news where Rush asked someone "do you really want the democrats to succeed? then why did you vote for their package" or something like that.

Excuse me? I'm so sick of this kind of ****. I don't GAS who introduces something. If it's good for the country and will help us out of whatever mess we're in, THEN VOTE FOR IT YOU DUMBASS!!!

Put your country ahead of your party for once! Both sides do it which is why I hate politics. Our country is smurfed up because of this asswipe type of thinking.
that's the thing though.......the package is not anything to help the people.....it is to push one sides agenda.

What do you think the folks from Maine got for voting with the Dems?

It's all politics and neither side is loooking out for me and you.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who's the RNC guy - Steele? Are his days numbered considering his blasphemous statements regarding the [married 3 times, former drug addict/first time offender, all around family values proponent] savior of the R party?
No. He apologized. And said he was misunderstood.

The wuss.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
But I cannot imagine even the staunchest Red-Stater HOPING that Obama fails.

But hoping that the Ds fail altogether? Shoo.---
What RL actually said was that IF Obama's goal was to change this country from one that values freedom and the individuals right to be succeed or fail based on his/her own abilities to one which values the government over that individual, then he hopes he fails.

That is the part of the soundbite which the media is not playing. All you hear is that RL wants Obama to fail. Shockingly, you aren't hearing the entire clip, just the soundbite that makes RL look like a jackass.

If that is Obama's goal then I hope he fails, too.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
What RL actually said was that IF Obama's goal was to change this country from one that values freedom and the individuals right to be succeed or fail based on his/her own abilities to one which values the government over that individual, then he hopes he fails.

That is the part of the soundbite which the media is not playing. All you hear is that RL wants Obama to fail. Shockingly, you aren't hearing the entire clip, just the soundbite that makes RL look like a jackass.

If that is Obama's goal then I hope he fails, too.

OMG.....you mean media is driving agenda???????

I'm shocked!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What RL actually said was that IF soundbite that makes RL look like a jackass. .
Well if it IS a case of media manipulation, the press never has to struggle very hard to paint him this way.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts