Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the hardest day for my family. 2 years ago to the day, we lost our grandmother, who was like a mom to me and made me the person i am today. i got an email from my mom this morning telling me that her chocolate lab, Teddie, was in bad shape. she was not eating, she was sick all the time, she was having difficulty getting around and walking, and would not eat her favorite treat (peanut butter). my mom took her to the vet and there was a large lump on her spleen that the vet was sure was cancer. she was 16 years old and my mom was not about to put her through painful testing to make sure. so at 6:20 this afternoon, my mom had her put down. she didn't fight it and my mom held her in her arms and assured her that she was loved by many people.

i have to think that my grandmother was waiting in heaven for her arrival and that they are now taking their evening walks together again.

this is a tough day for my family. i think that our animals love so much that it's too much for their bodies to take for as long as we would like them around.

Run free sweet teddie. give grandma a kiss for me.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Run free Teddy. Run Free.

Can only send sympathy for your loss.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I am so very sorry. Run free Teddie Bear, run free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts