Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kevin just told me that Champ, his BIL's and sister's dog, passed away this past weekend. He was a beautiful Brittany Spaniel. His younger "brother," Dawber, was with him when he passed.

The last time I saw him I spent a lot of time with him. It was clear he wouldn't be around much longer - he was getting up in years. Bless his sweet heart, he had a very hard time retrieving, but still so wanted to do it. I threw the ball short distances and tried to make him feel successful. It still lit up his eyes.

I'm really upset. :'( :'(

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I'm so sorry, Connie.
I believe that he is able to run for miles now, never tiring, and retrieve all the balls he wants!
How kind you were to him on your last visit.......

Frances

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Godspeed Champ

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
So sorry to hear this, but at least he's free of pain.

Connie, I hope you don't mind if I say this, and if it intruded on your post, I apologize.

Our neighbors have a Brittany. He's been coming around since we've had Tucker. He's not trained, doesn't know how to play or retrieve, not anything. He was a wild dog basically. Over time, he plays with Tucker, and now comes to the door daily, to see me as much as Tucker. I've taught him to sit, and he's very calm now. I've grown so attached to him...if he were a stray, I'd just keep him. He's such a sweet, mild boy.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Djc, that is no intrusion at all. That's a very sweet story. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm so sorry :'(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts