Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We haven't had a hotspot in 3 years. 4:00 this morning, Ruger woke me up fussing. I couldn't find anything wrong. He was really distressed. I kept searching over him, and hoping I didn't have to take him to the ER clinic. Then, my hand felt this wet spot under his neck. Lo and behold... Arrrrgggghhh!

Shaved the hair off it this morning. He's on antibiotic and a topical steroid spray as well.

My poor dude. It's wet and oozie and about 3 inches long!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Poor doggie - for once , one of your great pictures made me wish you didn't take quite such good pictures :( Is'nt it amazing how big something can get and we don't realize it's there? I've never had a hot spot on one of my dogs and knocking on wood that we never do.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's feeling much better tonight, settled down quite a bit. But he still has his "owie".

WendyB, if only we knew what caused them! In his case, I suspect I did not dry him well enough after his swims. He's prone to getting them so I have to be meticulous in getting him dry down to his skin, which is very hard as he has a very thick coat.

They can also get them from flea bites, or anything that irritates their skin.

They seem to grow like BOOM, instantly. It takes about a week to get it dried up. Hopefully he'll be much better by Friday as we have a trial!!

I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another....

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Poor Ru. Tell him Auntie Monnie hopes he feels better soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts