Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruger got to come home from the vets. They can't do anything else for him. They said he has one to two weeks left. Our friend wanted to bring him home so badly. When he gets bad he will take him in so the vet can help him over the bridge. He just wanted a couple more days to say goodbye. Personally,I think he wants him to go at home so he doesn't have to make the decision. It is so hard. Thank you for all your prayers. At least he has a few more days with his Papa.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Your friend is in my thoughts!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I'm so sorry!! That is so sad...is there any way your friend's vet will come to his house to help Ruger pass? I know some vets will do this. My brother's vet was on his way to his house to help Hunter, but Hunter passed away on his own before he got there. My brother always promised him that he would NOT bring him to the vets when it was time, he told him he would pass at home and he did.
It may be worth asking the vet about.
Pass our thoughts to your friend.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
We will be sending up prayers for peace for your friend and for Ruger. Their story just tears at my heart. It is so hard to let them go even when you know there is no "getting well" possible. Maybe over the next days they will both find the strength and peace to say goodbye. Please tell your friend how sorry we all are and let him know a lot of us know just how difficult it is and how much it hurts. {{HUGS}} to all of you. I agree that maybe asking the vet to come to the house would be easier if it becomes necessary. Most of them love our animals as much as we do if they have been our vets for a long time. It is worth a try at least. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and their dear friend Ruger. I pray that he crosses the Rainbow Bridge peacefully at home.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
My thoughts are with your friend and Ruger. I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Sympathy to your friend, and prayers that Ruger passes peacefully and without pain. These decisions are so hard.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all so much. Your prayers mean a lot to me, and I will pass them on to my friend. I will be calling him later to see how he's doing and I will pass on the suggestion to have the vet come to the house. I'm not sure whether they will or not, but he can at least suggest it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts