Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.. as a kid i had the typical wellie.. the black pair with the orange/red colour on the bottom? They were great boots..

I need a new pair for this spring because there's a lot of yard work i'm going to do in spring time.. i'm looking for a new pair of wellies.. holy crap.. when did they get that expensive?

Does anyone have a pair they've bought recently? I'm getting some feedback that they're now made in China instead of Scotland and they're not as good as they used to be.. i could stand to get some feedback before paying that much for some frickin' rubber boots!

Maybe the Canadian Tire cheap-os will do, afterall =)

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
my plain ole crappy tire specials are holding up just fine - after 4 years of hard use
save your bucks

though have you seen some of the really cute patterned ones?

I love em

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I have a pair of yellow Wellies I bought from LL Bean or Lands End years ago. Love them! Hardly ever have the opportunity to wear them, though.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Mine were $50 from Hatley, but I had to have the doggie patterned ones. Do you guys have Target? I have seen them out in the stores here in the past few weeks.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No target for us, no =)

·
Registered
9,629 Posts

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I have a pair of JCrew wellies I bought at the outlet for nothing years ago. They work just fine for mucking about for spring cleanup, but they aren't the slightest bit comfortable.
If I had to buy a new pair, I would go for something with a bit more support. Probably would go with a pair of Bogs like these.
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/42707712/c/18.html

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
zoezoe said:
Mine were $50 from Hatley, but I had to have the doggie patterned ones. Do you guys have Target? I have seen them out in the stores here in the past few weeks.
Liv & Anna have Hatley boots & matching rain coats. Liv has pink with horses, & Anna has baby blue with dogs. They are soooo cute! =)

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hunter is the original maker of the wellingtons.. that's the one i was talking about in the original post.. apparently they are now made in china, not in scotland.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
kelli said:
Hunter is the original maker of the wellingtons.. that's the one i was talking about in the original post.. apparently they are now made in china, not in scotland.
You can still find Hunter Wellies online. If you're not a snob about where they are made, buy them.
Otherwise, ask Colin to mail you a pair.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's not a about being a snob, but the reviews regarding the ones made in china are poor.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
kelli said:
It's not a about being a snob, but the reviews regarding the ones made in china are poor.
Okay... I'm with that...
Because you really do have a need for such gear, check out fireman's gear sites. Yes?

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Paddysmom said:
kelli said:
Okay... I'm with that...
Because you really do have a need for such gear, check out fireman's gear sites. Yes?
well, they don't have to be /that/ industrial.. warm, dry and comfy are required though.. plus try finding anything in a size 5 on a fireman's gear site =)

I was just hoping someone who had the wellies could tell me if they were worth the price.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
conrad said:
my plain ole crappy tire specials are holding up just fine - after 4 years of hard use
save your bucks
Ditto. ;)

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
mollyrock said:
I have a pair of JCrew wellies I bought at the outlet for nothing years ago. They work just fine for mucking about for spring cleanup, but they aren't the slightest bit comfortable.
If I had to buy a new pair, I would go for something with a bit more support. Probably would go with a pair of Bogs like these.
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/42707712/c/18.html
I just posted about Bogs the other day, I want a particular pair but I can't find them in my size

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
My 20 year old Hunters have finally worn out. They only sell women's sizes in the shops here, so I'll have to order from overseas.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
how about Muck Boots

1 - 20 of 29 Posts