Just Labradors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rita and Lexie spent the day with Rita's sister, so Rowdy and I went to our farm to do a few chores, to run the heck out of him and a few other things I wanted to do, he had a ball, encountered deer for the first time and came right back when I scolded him about chasing them.  Same with the rabbits, found a couple pheasants so he's learning his job well.

But it was mostly a play day for him and me, wore him out and he sat nice in the pick-up while I did a little rifle shooting.

After an hour in the pick-up, I'm just going to run crazy and do a bit of butt tucking. ::)

Hey, Uncle Dale put some wood on the pile to cut into fire wood, cool stick. ;D

I'll just grab it. :D

Hey, this thing is really big. ::)

OK, Dad, put the tail-gate down and we'll take it home. ;D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kinda belongs to Mom, my brother and me now. Grandpa bought it in 1936, only 53 1/3 acres, he mad a living on it, Grandpa passed on in 85, Dad a little over a year ago, Grandpa put it in a Habitat program in 81 and the State G&P and the Natural Resources District did a lot of development work. Plus 100's of hours of our own work and money. Like my brother here, keeping the access road to the back part in shape.

The two large trees in this shot are cottomwoods that are over 100 years old. We have 3-4 on the place that are in the top 100 for size in the state, those are close to 150 years old, problem is there is no where to stand to take a picture of the whole tree for the bigger ones. ::)

There are several very small ponds we have build for erosion control and wildlife water and Labrador dips.

And the well is now new, less than 3 years.

We moved in an older 3 bedroom trailer house in 1990 and this is our tractors and our Bobcat for maintenance work, we plant a bunch of feed plots for the wildlife also. It's our get the heck out of town place.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Cool Glen. Wow, Rowdy looks like he's very tall. Is he?

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Great pics! Rowdy reminds me of the black Lab I had as a teen, especially the pic of him with the tree limb. Jethro would bring in firewood during the day, and, every once in awhile, he'd grab a limb Dad hadn't cut up yet instead of going to the woodpile.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Looks like a perfect Easter for him :)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jzgrlduff said:
Cool Glen. Wow, Rowdy looks like he's very tall. Is he?
He was almost 27 inches at the should last time I measured, he was 10 months on the 25th of March.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Rowdy isn't even a year old yet? I didn't realize that. I thought he was like 5 for some reason!

So you have a brother? Is he into all the stuff you are, or are you total opposites? You must post a picture! :)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jzgrlduff said:
So you have a brother? Is he into all the stuff you are, or are you total opposites? You must post a picture! :)
He's 5 years younger than me, just turned 45. The shooting and hunting, yes he's like me. Although he likes more modern firearms than I do.

He is a heavy equipment operator and his idea of a fun get away weekend is to take his big Jap cruisin' bike and go somewhere. He has little interst in the stuff I do as a hobby.

I realize I don't have anything in the computor but those I took yesterday. And yes, that's what you see him in, Carhart's, I was still dressed as I always am yesterday.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
He has little interst in the stuff I do as a hobby.
That's what I was looking for.
He looks pissed off in that picture! LOL! I think I see a resemblance though.
:)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He's makin' faces cause I'm takin' his picture. ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts