Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*note*-there may or may not be a short round I will update later when I know. There WILL be a 6month round, This is that signup..

JL Secret Pal Sign up:
Please read the rules very carefully and determine whether or not you will be able to participate. Once you are sure, please fill out the questionnaire below and PM it to user JLSPOrganizer

Sign-up Deadline is June 25th, midnight
Assignments will be given out by July 1st via email or PM… I will send you your pal’s filled out questionnaire.

Who can participate: Members of the Just Labs forum who have joined the forum before February 1st, 2007 and have a post count of at least 50 are eligible to participate in the Secret Pal Round 3. Due to the events that took place first and secound rounds of JLSP I found that we needed this qualification, please keep in mind that if you joined the forum more recently, you will be able to participate in the next round.

Duration of the JLSP: Start date will be July 1, 2007, and end December 31st.

The rules: 1 card per month, a few people were confused as to the one card a month thing in the first set of rules. One cared a month means just a card for that month. Not every 30-31 days--a card can be anything from a homemade hand written card, bought, or ecard, and 1 package(one package for the whole five months, if you'd like to send more than one package please feel free to do so). When sending a package, please keep in mind the dates your Secret Pal has given you, birthdays or other important days. You can choose one of these events or send a package “just because”. There is no need to spend much money at all, just a little something to show your people/dogs that you care. You can request a family size in your PM, i.e., one or two dogs max. If family size is not a problem please let me know that also!

Other Rules
If for some reason at any time you are unable to take part in JLSP any more PLEASE let me know ASAP so that other arrangements can be made. No questions asked!!!! I really want to emphasize this point... I really don't want to have to ban people from participating. Everyone knows real life can and will come up, just let us know as soon as possible so I know what is going on. It's as simple as saying "something has come up, I can no longer participate, thanks!"

Once a package has been received please post pictures (if able) and a Thank you to your SP in the SP forum or in Lab Chat. In our experience, the best part of the SP thing is knowing that your pal received your package and is having fun with it

Holidays: Some of the members would like to know what holidays their SP celebrates so included that in the questionair. We have a wide variety of religious and cultural differences on the board and we don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable about giving/receiving around religious events. If for any reason you feel uncomfortable giving around these events then just go by the important dates that have been given to you or make up your own event to celebrate. It's up to you.

Kathryn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

JL Secret Pal Round 3 Sign up Questionnaire:

JL Screen Name
Real name
Mailing Address
Email Address

Pet info (fill out for each pet)
Name, Age, Birthday and/or Gotcha day.
Allergies
Collar size
Weight
Favorite color/s for your pup

Do your pups wear….?
Bandanas
Collars
Tags/Type
Other

likes-dislikes
Rope
Rubber
Latex
balls/size
Plush
Fleece
Water toys
Kongs
Frisbee
Blankets
Other

Treats
Biscuits
Cookies
Rawhide
Jerky
Training treats
No treats
Other

Favorite activities you like to do with your pup
Walks
Swimming
Training
Cuddling
Fetching
Other

Human info

Human names and ages

Favorite colors

Special dates
Birthdays
Gotcha days
Anniversaries
Other

Favorite holiday's

Likes/Dislikes
Scents
Cooking
Reading
Snacks (chocolate, nuts, ect).

Anything else you would like to let your SP know:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am fairly new to JL, and as yet have only done a couple of posts.

I was wondering if the JLSP is only for members in the States, or can a new Aussie lab mum join up also (when I have the said amount of posts)

Cheers
Leone

G

·
Hi Leone
Anyone in the world can join as long as the mmber has joined the forum before February 1st, 2007 and have a post count of at least 50 are eligible.

·
Registered
412 Posts
How cool is that, I can finally participate!!! My only question is that I might move during the process, how would we go about that?

G

·
CHOCOLATA said:
How cool is that, I can finally participate!!! My only question is that I might move during the process, how would we go about that?
Right before the process if changing addresses let me know or post for the person who SP's to you that they need to wait to be sending something via snail mail. At the time you have gotten to your new address PM me here or JLSPOrganizer with your NEW address and I will send it on to the person who SP's to you!!

·
Registered
412 Posts
LabMommyKathryn said:
Right before the process if changing addresses let me know or post for the person who SP's to you that they need to wait to be sending something via snail mail. At the time you have gotten to your new address PM me here or JLSPOrganizer with your NEW address and I will send it on to the person who SP's to you!!
Ok - will do!!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
How and where do we send the questionare ? Through a PM to you, or what ?

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Okay! I am really confused. What you are doing sxounds like it can be fun, but I have no idea what it is that you are doing.

So far it seems to me that a questioinaire is filled out and sent to you. Okay! I looked at it and it seems harmless enough, but I do not understand its purpose.

Next I think a card of some kind is sent every month to someone. What kind of card, its purpose, to whom?

Seriously, I am not being critical. I am interested in what is happening. Our lab is 5 months old, I don't remember exactly when I found this site but suspect that I can not participate yet. That is fine with me, but in preparation for the next round, What the heck is this all about?

G

·
The history of this is I sent some bandanna's to Putertuter (spelling may be wrong). some people thought it would be fun to have PALS that we sent stuff to. Lindsay (Ender's mom) thought it would be fun if we set up SecretPals!
Lindsay no longer is an organizer but is a great help to me still when something is wrong and I need a second persons brain to help..

What you do is fill out all the questions as best you can and send it to me. I then turn around and match you with a SP (SecretPal). You in turn get someones info..
With that info you are to send them one cared a month- any kind of card, a Hi how are u card, A been thinking about you, IF your pal has listed any holidays you are welcome to send a card for THAT holiday but are not expected to do anything for holidays if you wish not to.. The point in the card is to let your pal know you haven't forgotten about them. people send clues in their cards so they can try and figure out who they are.

So all in all its a gift and card exchange!

I hope that helps..

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Thanks! I guess that exposes the secret society. It sounds like fun. Come next round, I should qualify to participate. I will be looking forward to it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Is there a minimum/maximum amount that should be spent on gifts as a guideline? We had that when doing a secret pal thingy at work because some people were buying fancy gifts and others were buying from the dollar store which made some people feel embarrassed or ripped off if there was a large discrepancy. Of course that's a bit harder when you have people all over the world participating, I know here in Aust we pay $30 for a Kong that costs $6 in the US. :-\

G

·
Lubmylabs- There has been talk about having a set amount but in the end everyone seems to get about the same!
I know that back when 2 of us on here found some cute little toy balls that looked like Labby's Teddies sucky ball everyone went out to the Dollar tree and bought a ton of them. A few people here on SP's have gotten them as gifts. I don't think most of us care how much you spend its the thoughts that are put in to the package.
Your SP has given you ideas of what their puppers likes and dislikes. From there you figure out what you think that pup would like. If you can find something at the dollar store great!!
I know during Secret Santa that a lot of people from other parts of the world used credit cards or something and ordered from like petsmart or petco and had it billed to them and sent to the pal! I know that worked out well for a lot of people!

If there is anything else that I may be able to answer for you please let me know!!
Kathryn

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
As a current SP participant, I can honestly say it's not the price or the amount that matters, it's the feeling that somebody secret is thinking about you on any given day.

I know for my SP, I've picked up one thing a month here and there so that I didn't feel the "sting" of going out shopping so to speak.

356 Posts
As a current SP participant, I can honestly say it's not the price or the amount that matters, it's the feeling that somebody secret is thinking about you on any given day.

AGREE 100 % .....ITS THE THOUGHT

JACQUI AND TILLER

PS. DID YOU GET OUR NAMES FOR NEXT ROUND ???

G

·
Tiller is a Newfie said:

AGREE 100 % .....ITS THE THOUGHT

JACQUI AND TILLER

PS. DID YOU GET OUR NAMES FOR NEXT ROUND ???
I think I did but I will go check and PM you and let you know!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
darn, I joined 1 month and 5 days after the cutoff date for this round. :p Oh well, come next round I think I will sign up. This looks like fun! Great idea guys! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts