Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all tears need surgery? Doctor said MRI showed a tear and an appointment with Orthopedic surgeon was made.

G

·
Not always. I separated my shoulder 20 years ago and had a tear. I just did physio and it's ok even in my advancing years. ;)

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good! I'm 58 and sure don't want to have surgery. I've been in a lot of pain for almost two months. Can't lift my arm and it feels like my shoulder moves out of place when I do move my arm. I let it go as long as I could before seeing a Doctor and he didn't say what might need done, just referred me to another doctor.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I just had my left shoulder looked at today. My doctor thinks maybe a small tear for me. She gave me a cortisone shot and will see me in 8 weeks. I also got a cortisone shot in my right hip. It had been 6 months and I was having pain just walking. She told me today there is nothing that can be dong for bursitis of the hips.

Sending good thoughts for no surgery!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I had a partial tear a few years ago (throwing the tennis ball to Carly!) and my doctor said that for a partial tear the recovery time for surgery was about the same as if I did physical therapy and rested it. No surgery for me, and for the most part everything is fine. My range of motion on that side isn't as good as it used to be, but I don't have any pain on a daily basis unless I try to do too much (tennis). I'd love to try golf, but I just bet it would make my shoulder pretty sore.

<<<Back to the tax cave. Bye!>>>

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Sorry I hope it will heal on it's own. My neighbor just went through her 3rd surgery on her rotator cuff and SU's aunt just had surgery too. They are both on the road to recovery but it is a long process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts