Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sort of. ;)

I belong to a dog therapy group called Dog Tales (www.dogtales-mi.org) where we spend most of our time working with children and them reading to the dogs. Rider's been certified for over 2 years and we've been involved with this group since then. We also work with my university and the residence halls around exam time each semester to go in for an hour at a time and let the students come down and share stories about their dogs, pet the dogs and just stop thinking about finals for a bit. On Monday I took Rider and Rookie to the first one...and Rookie ate it up! He loved all of the attention. On Wednesday, my neighbor had stolen Rider to go to the river, so I took Rookie to the next stress reliever by himself. It's great for his socialization and getting handled by different people. Again, he ate it up. Both times though, about 30 minutes in...he just laid down and took a snooze...but still didn't mind the kids petting him. He will make a great therapy dog when he's old enough to officially test. :D

Anyways, here is the story from the paper today (even though the photo credit of Rookie says he's 11 months old ::)), and there is a little video clip that shows Rookie getting loved on too.

http://media.www.cm-life.com/media/.../2007/04/27/News/Canine.Comfort-2884539.shtml

Enjoy.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Very nice. Rookie looked like he was eating up the attention. I bet the kids are hoping that the "cute puppy" will be at the next visit. :)

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I can see why Mr.Rookie loved that visit so much :D

If my college did something like that I would be all over it!!

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
AbbyandMolly said:
I can see why Mr.Rookie loved that visit so much :D

If my college did something like that I would be all over it!!
Me too!! Where were the dogs at Mac when I needed them last week??? ;D

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Totally OT in my own thread....Baloo is coming home in 15 days???? COOL!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
11 month old! LOL!
Cute picture though. :D

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
That is just a super idea! What a stress-reliever. I definitely see Therapy Dog in Rookie's future. ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts