Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Ohio with Nicole at the Miami Valley Labrador Retriever Club specialty and they held a WC (working certificate) test today and Rookie passed! Nicole's pups, Ditto and Speilberg also passed! It was a great day. Had my first run in with live ticks, but it was great!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Thats GREAT!!

You mean you guys don't really have ticks up there in Michigan? We've been covered with ticks (both people and dogs) for about a month now - watch out for chiggers too - the little buggers are about 2 months early this year - if you get a lot of little bites in "sensitive areas" that your swear you didn't have a tick in - those are chiggers!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys! I'll post pictures when we get back on Sunday!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ditto!

So, how did you react to the tick, Dani?
Erm, I was fascinated at first and then utterly disgusted. I picked one off of Nicole last night right behind her ear...that gave me the heebie jeebies.

Pat, no, I've never seen a live tick in my life. Even after having spent all of last summer in the field at hunt tests! Ah well!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.