Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like a bad Mom. On Saturday, we had a taco party. Had about 30 people and a lady came and made tacos. We also had some of Rogie's doggie friends come and I got them all marrow bones. That said, sweet Rogie was lurking around the taco lady and got into her trash bag. He ate either a rubber glove or a paper towel. Friend who was closest to him wasn't sure which. He is at the vet now for x-rays to see if the glove is in there. He's been eating and pooping fine, but no sign of any glove. *Sigh* I just hope he's okay. I have to call in about 30 min. to check and see what's going on.

Just talked to vet's office. They think it's in his bowel. It's hard to see on x-ray, but the bowel looks like something could be there (the loop pattern?). They want to keep him overnight and see if it will pass. They are giving him fluids. If it doesn't, he may need surgery to remove it. They can't be sure it's even there, but they are fairly certain it is. I am really scared. I'm not sure that anyone is there during the night. What if he has an emergency? The girl I spoke to assured me that he is in good hands and that they deal with this type of thing "all the time" and that she felt confident that everything would be ok. I'm still worried sick.

Updated at 5:25. I just talked to the vet's office. They said that Rogie is fine and they will x ray him again in the morning to see if the glove has moved. He is going to be alone tonight which really worries me. However, they said it would be more detrimental for me to take him home as he is on fluids in the hopes that this will move through him. She said if doctor had any doubts about his safety or well being he would be transferred to a 24 hour facility. She said we can call after 9 tomorrow and hopefully he will have been x-rayed by then. I asked if I could call right away and she said okay to call at 7:45 just to get update that he's alive and well. I am freaking out about him being there all night alone, but am scared to go against the vet's medical advice. I trust this doctor and he has a very good reputation around town. The close at 6 p.m., so at this point, I don't think there's anything I can do. DH thinks that we have to follow the vet's advice at this point.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Re: Rogie -- More woes

good thoughts for rogie, hope he's ok!

sidenote: taco party sounds delicious!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Re: Rogie -- More woes -- Updated. Scared.

I hope Rogie passes whatever is in there uneventfully and that he's feeling better soon. Sending good thoughts your way.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts

Awwwwww..... don't beat yourself up, because it can happen to ANYBODY, and it can happen in the blink of an eye................. will be keeping Rogie in my thoughts and prayers.....

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
16,476 Posts

Sorry to hear this.
Hope it passes w/o incident.

Keep us posted. Good thoughts for Rogie.

B

·
0 Posts

awww poor Rogie! I hope you feel better soon. Good thoughts coming your way. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts

Oh no! Poor Rogie. I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts tonight. I hope anything that he swallowed will pass..

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

Sending good thoughts for Rogie, I hope it makes its way through his system.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts

Don't beat yourself up about it. I hope Rogie does well tomorrow and is back to normal soon. He'll be ok.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts

Hope Rogie is ok..please keep us updated. And don't beat yourself up over it. Like others have said it can happen in a flash. One day Tal upchucked a small rock and I have no idea how or when he ate it.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts

Prayers and good thoughts for Rogie. Remember, these Labs are quick to grab and xswallow what they know they shouldn't have. Even if you had been watching him, he may still have gotten hold of it.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I hope he is able to pass it by morning I would also hate to know my pup is all alone all night at the vets I will keep Rogie in my prayers :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
budbud said:
I hope he is able to pass it by morning I would also hate to know my pup is all alone all night at the vets I will keep Rogie in my prayers :)
Yeah. I am totally sick about it.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I'm so sorry. It is amazing to me how quickly they can get these things down! It would be really hard for me to leave mine as well - sending lots of good thoughts that it all works out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts