Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following my other thread: http://www.justlabradors.com/forum/index.php/topic,93626.0.html

So I was 99% sure before I posted I was going to do the emergency vet route. And so that is where he is. He did good with my regular vet, and was actually calm. He remained calm (I saw him shake just about 1 minute the entire time) during the visit at the animal hospital (e-vet). The vet said Rocky looks great, not at all like a dog experiencing chocolate toxicity. The next few hours (since nothing has happened yet) will obviously be most worrisome. So to be safe, he is staying overnight and will get IV fluids to help clear his system (and keep him hydrated cuz he's peeing alot!). The vet really doesn't foresee any issues and chances are good I will be taking him home tomorrow morning (actually they are going to have to tell me something major, or something will have to happen overnight for me to NOT take him home). With cocoa he said the first 12hrs are the most dangerous.

Anyhoo, he will be super well taken care of tonight. Sigh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,075 Posts
I am glad he is doing OK .. its a good thing you took him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,895 Posts
PHEW

but sad for you to be missing him tonight ...

he's in good hands though and they won't mind if you call them a HUNDRED times ... so do! (Make em earn the big bucks)

hang in there
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
conrad said:
PHEW

but sad for you to be missing him tonight ...

he's in good hands though and they won't mind if you call them a HUNDRED times ... so do! (Make em earn the big bucks)

hang in there
Don't get me started on the big bucks! OMG he eats coco and I get a nearly 700$ bill (between my regular vet and the e-vet)

I might luck out and get some sleep. on top of everything I have been sick (pretty sick) for the past two weeks and feel like siht. Between that and the stress I have been thru in the past 5hrs since getting home from work I'm about ready to juts pass out....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,307 Posts
Good for you. I think you did the right thing. The cost may be painful, but you can replace the money with time. Rocky on the other hand, if he needs something, he is at a place where they can help him. He would be tough for you to replace.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Endofile said:
Good for you. I think you did the right thing. The cost may be painful, but you can replace the money with time. Rocky on the other hand, if he needs something, he is at a place where they can help him. He would be tough for you to replace.
oh I know. I complain about it but seriously, there wasn't ever a doubt I would pay it (I just like to question myself like this for some crazy reason). As my parents and brother said "think of it as a car repair - with a car this type of expense, though unexpected, is normal". I don't have a car so that kinda offsets things ;)

I just bought a laptop, there was no way I'd splurge on myself like this and then not pay for medical care on Rocky. But, I do hate that they charge so freaken much for vet care!! ARGH! (mind you, much better service then at the emergency room at the hospital - I was in and out in less than two hours!)
 
Joined
·
2,990 Posts
Hi Tanya, just logged in and read about Rocky - so sorry that you (and the Rock-ster!) are going through this.

If there's anything I can do for you, let me know. I'm in Barrhaven, I think you live closer to downtown but I have wheels. I'll PM you my phone number.

Bev.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top