Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot to post about Buck's road trip. He was the most amazing boy ever!! 20 hours in the van each way and the most perfect pupper ever. We left home on friday at 4 am arrived in little rock at midnight, this was due to a slight navigation problem in Louisville. Our hotel was great, full kitchen and huge room, we brought Buck's bed, but he prefered the hotel beds. He had a bed to himself because our younger son decided to stay with his brother. Dustin was so surprised it was unreal. When we arrived in little rock, hubby called him and said, "hey, wanna go for a beer"? Dustin said, ya right. Hubby said, no seriously, meet us at our hotel. He was there in 3 minutes!!!
Saturday we went to the ball park for the game. Buck met 3 other dogs all little ones, but he loved them just the same. Sunday, I cooked a full turkey dinner in the hotel room. It was awesome, our first Easter together in 4 years. Buck and I ventured into a small forest. It was so funny to watch him sniffing all the new smells. There were these tiny little lizards everywhere scurrying about. He could hear them, but he couldn't find them. Sunday night the guys went over to Dustin's house and packed up his furniture to bring home and we met with his old coach to discuss a transfer to another school. It was great to visit with him.
We left little rock at 4am on Monday to drive home. Arrived at the border in Buffalo at 11pm. The van broke on the bridge, hubby coasted it down and through customs to a weigh station, called for a tow truck and arrived home at 2:30am Tuesday, that was looooooooooonnngggggg. Buck was a trooper, he was so good and very glad to be home. Tuesday was a very tiring day, but it was so worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts