Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Bissel ProHeat carpet shampooer has passed on to carpet cleaner heaven. :( It's served us well since before we got Shadow, so that's a good 7 years. We found the Bissell ProHeat 2X with Edge Clean at WalMart for $194.92. Bill went to get one, and they have it discounted, it's $188 and change. :D There's a 2X(R) with 'cleanshot,' for almost $300, but the one we're getting has two brush roller bars with 10 rows of brushes, compared to our old one with one roller and 6 rows, so it should do a fine job for over $100 less than the 2X(R). We can live without the 'cleanshot,' which is basically a way to spray pre-treating from the machine. I just spray the pre-treat from the bottle and let it work for a while before I shampoo.

We're actually looking forward to shampooing the carpeting! :rolleyes: It's hell to get old and have such simple, silly things delight you. NOT! ;)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Sounds great! I've been wanting a carpet shampooer since we moved to Wooserie House (wall-to-wall carpeting - UGH!) but I've been too miserly to spring for one yet. Maybe soon... it will be skeery to see what it pulls out of the carpeting! :eek:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mrs

Sounds great! I've been wanting a carpet shampooer since we moved to Wooserie House (wall-to-wall carpeting - UGH!) but I've been too miserly to spring for one yet. Maybe soon... it will be skeery to see what it pulls out of the carpeting! :eek:
Oh Nance, it doesn't matter how well you think you've vacuumed, these things still pull WADS of hair out of the carpeting! :eek: Our pale beige carpeting is strewn with globs of dog hair after shampooing. We go around and pick up handfuls, then vacuum again when it's dry and nearly fill a bag on the vacuum. It truly is skeery!

We always do at least one full rinse with plain water over the entire carpeting, as well, to make sure all the soap is out. Usually two rinses. The soap is like a dirt magnet, and any left behind will make the carpet get dirtier, faster.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Oh Nance, it doesn't matter how well you think you've vacuumed, these things still pull WADS of hair out of the carpeting! :eek: Our pale beige carpeting is strewn with globs of dog hair after shampooing. We go around and pick up handfuls, then vacuum again when it's dry and nearly fill a bag on the vacuum. It truly is skeery!

We always do at least one full rinse with plain water over the entire carpeting, as well, to make sure all the soap is out. Usually two rinses. The soap is like a dirt magnet, and any left behind will make the carpet get dirtier, faster.

What she said is all TRUE!!! I'm a happy Proheat owner too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts