Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Bissel ProHeat carpet shampooer has passed on to carpet cleaner heaven. :( It's served us well since before we got Shadow, so that's a good 7 years. We found the Bissell ProHeat 2X with Edge Clean at WalMart for $194.92. Bill went to get one, and they have it discounted, it's $188 and change. :happy: There's a 2X(R) with 'cleanshot,' for almost $300, but the one we're getting has two brush roller bars with 10 rows of brushes, compared to our old one with one roller and 6 rows, so it should do a fine job for over $100 less than the 2X(R). :D We can live without the 'cleanshot,' which is basically a way to spray pre-treating from the machine. I just spray the pre-treat from the bottle and let it work for a while before I shampoo. ;)

We're actually looking forward to shampooing the carpeting! :laugh: It's hell to get old and have such simple, silly things delight you. NOT! ;)

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I love our Bissell ProHeat. It's saved our carpet for sure, and I'll be using it today because someone (likely Bodie) threw up five piles of grass last night. The 2X sounds nice - have fun with it! :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my gosh, we just assembled it, and it's made so much better than the original. Easier to do everything, even filling the water reservoir. We won't use it now until tomorrow, because it takes us several hours to do the whole house. Even the stupid bathrooms are carpeted! :crazy: We always do at least one full rinse with plain water over the entire carpeting, to make sure all the soap is out. Usually two rinses. The soap is like a dirt magnet, and any left behind will make the carpet get dirtier, faster.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I've serioulsy thought about getting one. How often do you have your carpets professionally cleaned since you've had the proheat?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not once - no need. We have pale beige carpeting and shampoo it when we lift the boys' beds and can tell where they were. :laugh: Actually, we normally shampoo once every other month or so. If need be, can do spot treatments in between.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
We've also never had our carpet professionally cleaned since we got the ProHeat. It does a great job. It's kind of gross when you dump the tank after cleaning and see how much dirt was in your carpet.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OMGosh yes! :vomit: When we do the rinse, you can still see yuck in the water the first time through, which is why we usually do it twice.

I noticed online that they have a pet version for $269.95 on the Bissell website. Bill didn't see one anywhere when he got ours.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
AmazonGold said:
OMGosh yes! :vomit: When we do the rinse, you can still see yuck in the water the first time through, which is why we usually do it twice.
I do the vacuuming and the carpet cleaning and I'm always showing Lor the dirty water. "Look Hun! Look at this! I'm trying to get out of this habit, since she made reference to me holding the waste water like a Safari trophy kill.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
labs4life said:
AmazonGold said:
I do the vacuuming and the carpet cleaning and I'm always showing Lor the dirty water. "Look Hun! Look at this! I'm trying to get out of this habit, since she made reference to me holding the waste water like a Safari trophy kill.
That is too funny! I am picturing that in my head ...

Bill is doing the dining room right now, and I have found one thing I don't like about this machine. :whatever: There is a high-pitched whistle or whine that bugs me. I'm sitting here with my iPod plugged in and the music blasting louder than normal through my ear buds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts