Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riley's last day of school was today and Jason was thinking his day off this week was tomorrow, but it was actually today, so we find ourselves lacking childcare.

A girl I work with is going to bring in her portable DVD player. I figure 2 movies will kill half the day, so he's bringing two DVDs. In case she forgets the DVD player, he's bringing 2 VHS tapes as a backup because there's a TV/VCR in our training room. He's also bringing a book, a Transformers activity book and colored pencils, and his 4th grade Summer Activity Pack (it's this workbook we ordered with all kinds of stuff to get them ready for the next grade and make sure they don't go all stupid over the summer. ;) )

So, how far into the day, do you think I'll get before I hear "I'm BORED."?

J

·
0 Posts
I bring Luke to work with me twice a week. But I only work at the office for 5 hours a day. The key is to bring lots of snacks! Juice boxes, crackers, etc. Does he have a gameboy? Or is there a spare computer? How about giving him a project. Sometimes I'll ask my kids to help , like putting stamps on envelopes. It makes them feel important. Or I give them a piece of paper and ask them to make a picture for my office.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jason mentioned bringing drinks and snacks. I hadn't even thought about that.

He does have a Game Boy - which would really help. But he lost it. *I* know where it is, but I'm not telling HIM where it is. I searched the house top to bottom until I found it, but it's up to him to do the same. I'm getting extremely frustrated that he hasn't cared enough yet to find it!

I even kicked around the idea of having him bring his Play Station but that seems a bit much to me. Don't you think? I don't think it'll kill him to find a way to occupy himself for a day without it.

It may kill me though! :D

J

·
0 Posts
Ahh. I know the missing game boy thing all too well! Dont give in! :D You can make it through the day!
Does he like to read? Maybe you can tell him that you'll reward him at the end of the day if he is good. A little bribery now and then never hurts. :laugh:

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure we'll make it - he actually seems excited to go. I'm sure that won't last!

He does love to read, so I'm making sure he's loaded up with material and he can just plop into a corner in my office.

That's another thing - thank goodness I have my office now. It would be a lot harder to do this in the tiny cubicle I had until last month!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
He's not too young to put files away...put him to work! Hehe

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Melissa's Office is now showing Godzilla with a showing of The Crocodile Hunter scheduled for later this afternoon.

Unfortunately the concession stand at this theater is lacking and rather than pop and popcorn is only serving bottled water and Cheez-its.

:)

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I used to go to work with mom on the weekends a lot when she was backed up. I loved it and used to help her out doing little things she needed done. I woud make copies, fold letter, highlight things on spreadsheets (the old green/white line dot matrix ones) etc. I loved helping her out and it kept me out of trouble.

I hope he doesn't drive you too nuts.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Melissa said:
Melissa's Office is now showing Godzilla with a showing of The Crocodile Hunter scheduled for later this afternoon.

Unfortunately the concession stand at this theater is lacking and rather than pop and popcorn is only serving bottled water and Cheez-its.

:)
Can I go to work with you on Monday? ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts