Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pounds. 5 to be exact. I thought he was looking good...but that metal monster at the vet today said otherwise. ::) Guess that winter weight is gonna have to come off sooner.

Otherwise, Rider's annual visit was good and he's 100% healthy.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I have a feeling I am going to hear "lose 5 pounds" too when I bring Lucy in this month. Even though I think she looks real good.

·
Registered
172 Posts
well very good to hear that Riley's visit was a good one. goodluck shedding those pesky few pounds

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's the problem with those early Spring annual visits. They tend to have a few extra pounds than they do during the summer and Fall.

I am sure Cosmo will be told that he needs to lose 5 lbs on Friday. There has only been one visit since he was a pup where we were told that he didn't need to lose ~ 5 lbs.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Sounds like a lot of dogs will be dieting. I retired last October, so the dogs and I do a lot of walking. I have lost 11 pounds; Reba has lost 2 and Halle 1. The vet did not say Reba was overweight. She has held steady at 75 pounds for a couple of years, but weighed 73 at her heartworm appointment a couple of weeks ago. I want to get her down to 70 as the summer heat and humidity really slow her down.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not to gloat but Darla was in for her yearly today and the vet said she looked at a perfect weight! yeh! I think she looks thin and she is 61# doen from 69. Since it has warmed up here in Ohio I bet she burned off the 9# in the last three weeks doing her swimming and shivering and such everday.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Last time I took Cinnamon in the vet I saw said she needed to lose 5 pounds young guy out fresh out of school I suspect. My regular vets wife is there and she raises and shows labs and had comment how thin she was when I brought her in. So she ask him where has she got any extra pounds. He said she was heavy at 69 lbs and so she gives him the lecture on flab vs muscle. Cinnamon was 69 lbs but she was solid muscle she swims 2 or 3 times a day plus chases Cierra. So I am paying and my regular vet comes out of the back checks her briefly and tells me to find something she will eat in the morning as he didn't want her loosing more weight.

So I agree they program them in school to say loose 5 pounds.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WeHeartLabs said:
He'll burn it off swimming soon, wont he
OH YEAH. He's already been swimming almost everyday. And we walk everyday....so I am definately perplexed...although, if I could just get my neighbor to stop giving him treats from the table..........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts