Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend has not been a great one for us. We took Colonel into the emergency vet only to find out that he was too sick and the only thing that we could do was let him go peacefully. So with a heavy heart, we let him go. My husband was the one who took him and stayed with him until he was gone.

He was too young to die and I feel very angry right now that he is gone. I didn't cry Saturday when we lost him. Sunday I walked around with this heaviness and I felt so horrible because I hadn't cried. Then at 1 in the morning, I finally broke down and started balling my eyes out. My heart finally went out of shock and realized that it was broken.

My oldest is really upset and he has been clinging to Lobo, afraid that he is going to get sick too.

I would love to give you a big tribute for Colonel because he was a wonderful companion, not only to me but to my children as well. He loved them so much. I just can't see very well through the tears to type for long.

So here are a few pictures of my sweet Colonel and I will post more when I can upload them. Run free my sweet boy.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
:'( I'm so sorry... He was such a beautiful cat. And I can see on those pics, especially the last one, that he had a wonderful personality.

Run free sweet Colonel, run free... :angel:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh no, I'm so sorry. :'( RIP Colonel.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. Colonel was such a beautiful kitty. Rest in peace little one.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
You truly have my deepest sympathy, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Colonel was a beautiful cat.

I totally understand, I lost my sweet Alexander (B & W kitty, 12 years old) to cancer at the end of August, and I still get choked up when I look at the spot in our garden where we buried him. My vet said to me, "A too-short life with a lot of love is better than a long life with none". Which is true. But it doesn't make it any easier for those of us who are left behind. :'(

Run free and without pain, little one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts