Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or so these guys think. :rolleyes: Considering I've owned 7 different breeds in my lifetime, I'd love to know which one I'm supposed to look like. :D

SCIENTISTS have proved it is possible to match a person to their dog just by their appearance.
And the study suggests a possible reason - people are drawn to pets with similar physical attributes.

Men and women shown pictures of dog owners and asked to guess whether they had a labrador, poodle or staffordshire bull terrier fared almost twice as well as would be expected by chance.
Researchers at Britain's Bath Spa University first set out to see if dogs and their masters had similar personalities.
Questionnaires filled in by owners of labradors, poodles and bull terriers found little difference in their traits and habits.
Researchers then asked a group who didn't own dogs to look at pictures of dog owners and guess which of the three breeds they had. Their answers weren't perfect but they were correct up to 60 per cent of the time, the British Psychological Society's annual conference heard.

Dr Lance Workman said there might be a simple logic behind it.
"If you are of a robust build, you probably get a robust-built dog because you'd want to get lots of exercise," he said. "If you are slight, you might be more likely to have a poodle because you think it needs less exercise."
But he warned it was quite superficial and didn't translate to personality.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25287695-13762,00.html

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Can't see it here:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
My guess is you look like your pug Garth and act like a Chihuahua ;):D Sammi and I have the same hair color, but I had mine before she did:D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
No he eats it and it gives him gas.:eek:

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My guess is you look like your pug Garth and act like a Chihuahua
Yeah but which Chihuahua? I've had 6 or 7 of them. :rolleyes:

Hey Di, you know how to spell Chihuahua. I'm impressed! :D

Garth

If we saw a picture of you then perhaps we could make a judgement ?
Here Col, you & Di make your judgement. I haven't changed that much in the last couple of years. :rolleyes:

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let us be the judge of how you have weathered Garth ! You look a little bit like a Pug there but we need updated proof !
There's that infamous Rottie pic of me on the other board. Don't make me go there again. :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I've had an Italian Greyhound, pit bull, St. Bernard, several Cocker Spaniels, German Shepherd, Great Danes, Golden Retriever, and Labs. Can you figure out what I look like based on that? LMBO!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've had an Italian Greyhound, pit bull, St. Bernard, several Cocker Spaniels, German Shepherd, Great Danes, Golden Retriever, and Labs. Can you figure out what I look like based on that? LMBO!
Same here. My record goes:

Silky Terrier (1)
Chihuahuas (7)
Pugs (6)
King Charles Spaniels (2)
Shih-Tzus (2)
Labrador (1)
GSD (1)

I must be REALLY confused! :D

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
CJ and I have so much in common. Why just the other day...Oh you mean physical resemblance? I thought it was because I go around humping throw pillows every chance I get. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts