Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how many people rescued their dog or bought their dog, because I know there are a few rescued lebs on this forum. ;D

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
One each and one non-lab from the SPCA.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Lexi is a rescue straight out of Lake Charles, LA!!!

Call me insane, I am contemplating rescuing a second one, definitely another rescue.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Hershey Kisses is our 5th dog. Three were rescues, two pedigreed purchases. We love them all. The rescued muts tended to have much fewer health issue. they lived 14-18 years each. THe previous purebred, Golden Retriever female, had to be put down at 7 years with cancer. She was definitely my favorite of the first four. Hershey is only 5 months old and I am sure will take that honor. We have some training to finish, and a personality to figure out.

Endofile

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there should have been a both..
I call copper my rescue because her owner didnt want her any more.. She came to live with us 10 years ago and this IS her home. Everyone else was either given to me or bought

·
Registered
358 Posts
Lexis Mom said:
Lexi is a rescue straight out of Lake Charles, LA!!!
Wow that's really close to us. We're in Baton Rouge,La! Kaycie we got from my best friend in college. Kaycie was her son, Ethan's, first birthday present. RIGHT HUH!? They went through 4 plastic swimming pools, and we took her home on the birthday party. She's been my baby ever since. Funny how my friend offered to pay to get her back. RIGHT! After all that hard work! Vet bills, potty training, torn up carpet, chewed up cushions...I have nothing against purchasing a dog, but I always get suckered into "saving" those around me. I believe that my Kaycie is smarter than the dog I've purchased in the past....but then a poodle doesn't compare to a big goofy lanky cuddly Labby.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lbradorabl said:
Hannah is our 3rd lab - second rescue - Our first was from a breeder

Nikko - a non-lab (Austraiian Cattle Dog) also a rescue
I will add a both, for people who have 1 rescue and 1 from a breeder for example.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Sam's a rescue. I think our local shelter is a no kill shelter. That said she'd already been returned twice, so I'm not sure what would have happened if she'd been returned again. One family tried to not use a crate with her which given how wild she was when we got her was ill advised. (By wild I mean out of control mouthy, prone to hyperactivity and chewing). When we set her crate up she went right in, it was obvious that she'd had one before.

Shadow our new cat is also a rescue from the SPCA. She a lovely friendly purring machine. Kind of like dog in a cat's body. I keep feeding her treats and she comes running when I open the fridge door.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Bobbie just kindof came into our life as a 7 week old STRAY! She was handed in at the police station where my dad works after the people claim they saw her walking the busy roads in Birmingham, England. No claims or reports of a lost puppy and she was clean with no fleas, ticks or anything. We think she was abandoned.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Both Shadow and Buddy were rescues. Shadow rescued us after someone dumped her out in the country, and we got Buddy from the Kentucky Lab Rescue. The woman at the Rescue literally pulled Buddy from the gas chamber ... she was there to pull another dog when she saw them walking Buddy past. She asked where they were taking him and they told her his time was up, he was getting put down. She took his leash and brought him back to wait for us to meet him. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Phoebe was purchased from breeder after an attempt to adopt went bad with snapping at my young ones. Son has some "out-of-sync" issues that temperament was extremely important.

I have 2 dogs---shep/lab mix and shep/border mix--- rescued from the pound waiting at the rainbow bridge. I asked them to guide me in finding a dog and then came Phoebe---she has the best of both of them.

DG

1 - 20 of 65 Posts