Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get some ideas or info on doing a Fundraiser for the dog rescue we got Cooper from. We are looking to do it through the schools in our area. Has anyone heard of or known any schools that have done this and what the results were?

Also thinking about trying to buddy up classrooms with a dog that has been adopted and kind of having like a pen pal thing with info sent from the new owners and pictures and hopefully even getting the kids to meet the dog.

These are all just ideas right now, not sure if we can even bring the dogs in unless they are certified (I'm in Ontario)?

Any info would be great, thanks, Johanne.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Rescue Fundraiser ideas

Never even thought about checking on-line, I'm sure if I google it, something will come up, thanks.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts

Well I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for but I know there are a lot of different options in general. if you do it through the schools, you can sell things like candy, cookie dough and they even have pizza fundraisers. The kids can sell the stuff to their family, friends, neighbors and it ends up raising a good amount of money. Good luck! :happy:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

Hi Johanne, One of the ladies in our rescue is a school teacher & her class did a fund raiser for one of our dogs in the rescue that was in need of medical services. The did a penny collection. As part of the collection they had several learning sessions about dog rescue & such, so it was a whole learning expierence. I don't remember wether they took a field trip to present the money or had the dog & the foster family come to class. You could also have kids if they were older make fleece blankets/dog beds, fleece pull toys. I would check with the rescue & ask, what "donation" needs they have. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me. Karen

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Here in HOuston every fall all of the variuyos rescue groups hold a big joint silent auction. Each group solicits donations for the auction and keeps the money bid for their items.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks guys, some great ideas, it's all I've been thinking about today.

I was hoping on doing something pretty simple to start with, the school my kids go to is in the middle of having a chocolate bar fundraiser for the new school they are building, but maybe something along the lines of a penny drive.

Even maybe have a day where the kids could bring in $1 and then would be allowed to bring in their favourite stuffed dog toy or a picture of their family dog and tell stories about them, etc. It could be a whole day about dogs, maybe a movie(dog related), hot dogs for sale for lunch, learning activities that would be about the rescues and what they do. Maybe even bring in one of the dogs to the classrooms. Hmmmm, can you tell I've been thinking too much???

The school has done p.j. day and hat day and stuff to raise money for things, so hopefully they would go for it.

Does anyone know if there is a national dog day of any kind?? Could be something all the schools do on one particular day.

I also like the idea of making blankets and toys for the dogs. Maybe could be part of art class for the day.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Rescue Fund Raiser ideas

Thanks Justine, those links were great, so many ideas.

I guess now I have to just start figuring out what could actually work and what would be the best way to raise these deserving dogs some money!

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Sounds like you have some good ideas, good luck and good for you for helping out!! :D

I hope they can help that dude, poor guy. :(

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really love that first one, that would be easy for the kids to make and a lot of fun. Thanks so much for posting those!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts