Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And then a tinkly out-of-tune supposedly-upbeat piano riff.

Over. and over. and over. and over.

30 mins, 10 seconds.

On hold w/Transamerica Financial about an annuity.

I shall die here.

And the worst part is that after a lifetime of appreciating good music.

The final sounds to reach my ears shall be a tinkly out-of-tune supposedly-upbeat piano riff.

31:48

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
oh I hate that

Admittedly it's been a while since I've had to call somewhere with that kind of wait... thank goodness for online support.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Until last month, I had been doing business with a specific bank for 32 years. Good relationship, occasional problem that was quickly resolved. Bank changed hands last September. Ran into a $30 problem in early Feb. Called only to get put on hold by an answering machine. Hung up about 5 minutes later. Tried two more times later in the day with the same result. (This is a small bank.) On the fourth try, I stayed on for over a half hour, finally started pressing buttons to try to advance somewhere. Finally got a voice mail. I left a message telling them I was ticked off, detailed the problem, and told them to straighten it out, close all three accounts and send me a check for the balance. I got the check about 10 days later, no call back, and a letter stting how sorry they were that our 32 year relationship had to end that way.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
49:31

I'm afraid to hang up.

Thank God for speakerphone, or my ear would be flattened by this point.

And EC's not here, so nobody's complaining about the tinkly out-of-tune supposedly-upbeat piano riff.

Even as it drives me slowly insane.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
56:10. FINALLY.

And the nimrod wasn't able to adequately answer all my questions.

I condemned her to a torturous lifetime of a tinkly out-of-tune supposedly-upbeat piano riff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts