Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I get that through my regular home insurance provider?

We're renting a cottage for two weeks this summer. Part of the agreement is for us to carry renters insurance for the time we're there.

And how much is something like this normally??

TIA. :)

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
That is a weird request. You should be able to get it from your insurance company.They should have their own insurance on the property that covers you.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a weird request. You should be able to get it from your insurance company.They should have their own insurance on the property that covers you.
We thought it was odd too. We've rented cottages each summer for the last 5 summers and have never had to do this. I'm guessing they do have some sort of insurance on the place, but maybe not full coverage?? Who knows. It's a nice little cottage on the ocean and available, so we'll pay the renters insurance.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
We require renter's insurance on our rental property. We've got full insurance on the place and its furnishings, but if you show up as a renter with a luggage full of jewelry and electronic equipment and the place burns down, my insurance won't cover the renter's personal property. If they insure it, there's less chance of them suing me if something happens.

I would just call my regular home insurance provider. For a couple of weeks, I'd be surprised if it cost $100.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I have it, but I also have a lot more in my apartment than I'd have on a short trip. Still, it only runs between $10-$16/month (it was $9.96/month in Kentucky, and a little over $16 here in Texas), so I bet yours will be really cheap since you won't need a lot of coverage. I don't know what it costs for a short-term plan, but I wouldn't think it would be much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts