Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we finally got some snow in Connecticut. The past few storms have been non-events here and that has left me one very unhappy black dog. However, yesterday brought about 6 inches of the white stuff and it was the wet sticky kind. Perfect for snowballs! So I went out at lunch and threw a couple dozen for him all over the yard. He was in his glory. (Yes, I took pics, but they are still in the camera)

However, when I came home 3 hours later after work...someone had had an accident in the house. :nono: Poor guy ate so much of the snow he couldn't make it 3 hours! Sigh....we're having this problem at night too where he's eating it just before bedtime and then waking us up in the middle of the night to go out. :doh:

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yes! Since we've had snow, Macy has been ringing the bell around 1-1:30 a.m. to go out. :doh: :doh:

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Sounds like Remy is loving the snow and I bet her sister is hating it! ;)

So he goes out and eats snow at "last call" potty before bed? It might be a PITA, but what if you leashed him for that last potty trip so he couldn't eat (as much) snow?

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Not a potty problem, but when Bauer eats too much snow he drools like crazy (and leaves puddles that look like he peed). They love to play in the snow, but it sure messes with them.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
No snow here (fortunately). But I did get an unscheduled 2:30AM wakeup call today so I feel some of your pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts