Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, he had a LOT of fun and he was wonderful at the fun match today. He was the best puppy in his class, behaved the best and acted the best on lead. He was not the most beautiful though... in fact he was the ugly boy. We got a 4th place in 3 - 6 month puppy dogs, and a 3rd place in 3 - 6 month sweeps. But he really did well as far as being there and being in the ring. It was our one and only foray into the conformation ring... now we buckle down and start focusing on obedience and agility...

Remy with is 4th place ribbon... his first ribbon ever...

Remy with his 3rd place ribbon... he was way past tired here...

In the ring... I was pretending I knew how to show conformation...I've never done it.

In the ring...

In the ring, do I look like I know what I'm doing???

In the ring... Judge checking his bite...

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Woo hooo! Way to go Remi!!

lmao @ you Linda...- "was pretending I knew how to show conformation...I've never done it."

hahaha..good for you! Looks like you did great!

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Looks like you had a great day and a lot of fun. So how did utility go with Ruger.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Way to go, Remi!!!

What fun!! ;D

PS. I don't think he's ugly at all! ;)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Good job!!!!!!!

On showing: I will never forgive (just kidding) Uplandlabs for having me show one of her labs when I'd never set foot in the ring, either! Well, I was grateful for the shotgun experience, I guess, but I certainly did not do well by her lab! The judge let me know that without any question or doubt about it. *hangs head in shame*

It was humiliating, not for me, but I felt badly for Ups and her dog. :(

You can train for this, Linda, and you will do well. :)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Monnie, I only took Remington. It was his day :)
Nance, I have no inclination to show in the breed ring. It's just not my thing. I find it rather stupid and boring (sorry, folks, but I really do). I prefer obedience and agility... where my dog actually has to have skills and competes against the clock and the perfect score, instead of on some judge's opinion and whim ;)

This was our one and only time in the breed ring. I took him for the socialization as I've not been able to do much with him due to mom's health. But he did really well at the show, he is fearless and pretty laid back too.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
What a sweet little boy ........... love his expression in the second photo!!

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
raian said:
Nance, I have no inclination to show in the breed ring. It's just not my thing. I find it rather stupid and boring (sorry, folks, but I really do). I prefer obedience and agility... where my dog actually has to have skills and competes against the clock and the perfect score, instead of on some judge's opinion and whim ;)
Oh how I dislike the breed ring. Will do it once in a while but my heart is obedience--me and my Lab as a team not a subjective opinion. YUCK!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
How fun! And look how young he is and he already has ribbons. He is going to be so good at obedience and agility!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Hey, you look like you know what you're doing! :p How hard can it be, right? :D

Great job on fourth!! Looks like it was a beautiful day and you both had fun!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Yellow Boys Mom said:
raian said:
Oh how I dislike the breed ring. Will do it once in a while but my heart is obedience--me and my Lab as a team not a subjective opinion. YUCK!
Oh how I so agree with the both of you! While I have done a lot of conformation (UKC), my heart is indeed in the performance rings. I do enjoy the friendships though that I have made with the conformation people, many of which I never would have met if I had not ventured into the conformation ring.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Congrats on those first ribbons of many...I'm sure.

Conformation is not as easy as it appears to outsiders and yes, judges will tell you exactly what they think of your handling skills. That's what happened to my daughter and she said she will NEVER set foot back in a conformation ring. :(

G

·
I find it rather stupid and boring (sorry, folks, but I really do).
I'm glad you both had fun.

Hmmm in our household the word "stupid" is akin to a four letter word. It's really a dig to those that enjoy something to say it's stupid. If you don't like it that's perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
He's absolutely adorable and you guys both look fantastic!!! Whoo-hooooo!!! What fun! Congratulations on the placements, too! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts