Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran Remington on a full course twice this morning. He was stinking fantastic. Nailed everything. About killed me... I can't run worth crap anymore, about died from a heart attack. He was fast and focused.

We have a trial next weekend. I am hoping he'll do something other than roll around in the tunnel :tongue1:

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
[email protected] around in the tunnel! It sounds like he is doing awesome. We need video!

I tell you what, I ran just part of a course with Simon the other day...well, the whole course, but stopped briefly in the middle...and MAN, by the time I was done he ran out of the ring and I had no breath left to even call him. GAH!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
got to love those fast dogs..I swear I have sometimes been 3 jumps behind my dog coming out of the ring...one of the things I have taught them is a leash command so that they run to their leash instead of out of the ring (hopefully) ... some days I wish Riley was back in the ring..at least he I could keep up with.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't it the pits to get so out of breath out there. I am pathetically out of shape. I sit too much. I need to get back to walking more but all too often my darned feet are killing me. Getting old sux!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Training my younger pup has been the best reason to lose 30 lbs - fast - in order to try to keep up with him. Nothing I can do about the 30 years I wish I could also lose. I don't have many regrets but I sure wish I could have done Agility when I was younger and thinner. One good thing I guess is that doing Agility with Recon will force me to really learn to send him away to do things and to layer whenever possible. He loves it which is great but in the process of learning how to run courses he's nailed me a couple of times and down I go. He loves the weaves and drives to the end and has done a much better job lately of finding the entrance. We did a little 2 x 2 but he seems to work best when I stand back a little bit so I'm not in his way and then I catch up as he moves through the weaves. I almost always make him do 12 since I hope to not spend too much time in Novice. LOL!!!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm 51, and although that's not all that old... when you have arthritis in your feet, knees, hips, somedays I feel like I'm 300 years old. Sometimes when I run my legs literally feel wooden, it's bizaar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.