Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few weeks ago ?

Well now my boiler ( furnace ) has given up the ghost on the hot water side ! ( it's a combi-boiler - only provides hot water on demand ) and the hot water heat exchanger has packed up !

Thankfully I still have heating but I've been having tepid baths/showers for about two weeks ! Now there are those that might say ..........but I won't go into that !

Another $4k I expect ! bang goes my new TV

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
That IS a lot to handle all at once. :(
2007-08 was like that for me. It was very, very painful.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Maybe they could spend some of the stimulas money figuring out why bad crap all happens at once. I think we could all get behind that.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
G'day,

Not good mate, here's hoping for a dry run for a while to let your finances catch up again.

Cheers,

Pottsie

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Well that sucks. Being of Irish heritage I have dealt with Murphy for a long time. I have since learned to squirrel away a few pennies for every holiday. That is when my furnace will need expensive emergency repair or a new water heater. I have had 2 straight Christmas/New years holidays where I had to have the furnace fixed.

I have a brand new furnace still in the box in my cellar for instalation when the weather warms. I was so pissed off this January that I bought one from my wholesaler. I'll save a boat load of money from the emergency labor charges etc if I install it myself. I replaced the exhaust blower for about 100 bucks on the old one New Years Eve . I think having a new furnace staring at the old one has scared my furnace straight.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
That suckes Colin!
Our hot water heater is trying to crap out. It will give up the ghost when Justin is home from college this summer (he believes he must drain every ounce of hot water to have a complete shower).
By the way.....I'll say it for you, Sometimes YOU need a cold shower.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts