Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm DONE!!!

Here's the result. (notice the doggie picture on the bed? It will hang on the wall there by the window. She hasn't seen it yet, but she is a dog lover through and through and will love it!!)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Holy crap, Aim!!! I guess that's Kelseys room? BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! What did you use to make the blocks? Great idea!!! :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
wow.. i love it!! How did you get such straight edges like that? Just tape?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a chalk line and painters tape. Which is why it took so bloody long. I had to wait for one set of squares to dry before I could start another. Plus, I let each set of squares dry for at least 24hrs before attempting to put tape on them, so I wouldn't have any peeling. And the darkest color took about 4 layers of paint to cover completely.

Thanks- She really loves it. It was a bright yellow before hand. And this is much more in tune with what an 11year old likes. There are sections of the walls that are also magnetic. But you cannot tell where it is, because I painted over it. (well, we can tell, but it is hidden.) She really likes that.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Good for you, Amy.. i don't think i'd even attempt such a project.. my attention span seems to dwindle as time goes on.. so the first and second colour would look fine.. the last ones.. not so much.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Part of the wall is magnetic? Really?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Part of the wall is magnetic? Really?
Yes. They sell magnetic paint! I just need to find some strong magnets for her to use.

Thanks everyone. I am really pleased with how it turned out. Now Cameron wants something like it. I think maybe just four big squares. bwahahaha. Poor second child.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
That is awesome. You did such a good job. How did you keep the paint from bleeding under the tape? I did red and black racing stripes on my son's walls, but the colors bled into the white . . . it was a nightmare!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
That is AWESOME! And sooooo much work. DH painted a white strip in the rec room (his Oilers navy blue on the bottom and copper orange on the top, eak!) and it was a lot of work... I can't imagine doing all those blocks. It looks fantastic!

lol at the poor second child! :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts