Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We take the harness off before he sleeps in his crate, but he went in here during the photoshoot so I took a pic. What a good boy, the picture of perfection!

YEAH

This is what it look like now

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
HAHAHA! Sorry...that brought back memories.

I used a Gentle Leader on Murray when I first got him. He HATED it and would slink around whenever he saw me take it out. He did the exact same thing to it. I came home from work, walked in the door, and found little pieces EVERYWHERE. My heart sank. I told him if he had chewed up the leather lead (my Rottie's old lead...very dear to me) he was a dead dog. Thankfully he contained his frustration to the GL.

You can't convince me that a dog doesn't conspire. ;)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah and now we can't find where we put his collar. AND we can't afford a new harness cuz that one was $20 and we are broke cuz we are preparing to move tommorrow. :'(

What I don't get is HOW he chewed it like that when the harness was still on is body! AND he seemed to really like the harness (prancing around with it on) so we were shocked to come home and find that harness chewed to bits!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told it was fine for him to wear all the time but we had to check for chaffing and what not on a regular basis and take it off before he went in his crate

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Apollopuppy said:
I was told it was fine for him to wear all the time but we had to check for chaffing and what not on a regular basis and take it off before he went in his crate
oh ok...i know when i leave gingers on after her walk she bites at her chest to get it off. sorry he destroyed it...maybe the ferrets helped?

have you found his collar?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No....we still are looking for his collar. It got lost in the clutter and debris that comes along with an imending move. Ugh....,

I was suprised he chewed it up cuz he seemed to like it MUCH better then his collar. But oh well. He probably did it cuz he was board (we had to pack up his toys last night)

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Oh dear. Baaaad Apollo!

They can wear harnesses all the time, just as they can wear collars all the time...it is a personal choice. Although I think Apollo has proved that he is not a candidate for wearing his all the time. :p

I realise that funds are tight for you right now but you might want to invest in a leather harness. If well looked after (and not chewed by a naughty Lab!) it could easily last a lifetime.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Rosie, we will certainly look into that....now I just wish I could find his darn collar!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh that's great! I totally forgot, my vet carries those! Maybe we can get one before we leave tommorow! Thanks!

K

·
0 Posts
If you go with a lupine collar make sure you get the 1" wide. we had a the step down from that and Dakota pulled the D ring out and it looked like THIS [ instead of a D and she really didnt even pull that hard ::) but other than that I really like their products!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When we take apollo to the vet tommorow for his heartworm medication, we will see if his vet carries their harnesses. I KNOW they have the collars and leads, but if they have the harenesses, that would be perfect

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
and the added bonus of lupine .... if by some miracle Apollo does chew it apart, they replace them free for the life of the dog.

I have a beagle to got through one .........

1 - 20 of 35 Posts