Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He helped me make a grilled cheese sandwich while the other dogs were out in the yard. He expertly took care of any part of the cheese slice that did not fit on the bread slice while being my taster all at the same time. We couldn't cook without tasting could we? Chef Ramsey would yell at us.:rolleyes:

Any other assistance labby chefs out there?

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Ha! Who knew that cute little Reggie would be such a BIG help in the kitchen? :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope he didn't swear ! Ramseys not a good roll model for sensitive Labrachefs
When he missed some cheese I threw out him, he said something about "bollocks" but I don't know that means.;)

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Rush is my chef's assistant. She is ALWAYS ready to clean up anything that 'happens' to fall on the floor, taste my latest batters, and she always knows when it's time to lick the beaters. (NO I don't actually let her lick them) If she had to choose a profession, I'm am 100% sure it would be a chef but nothing would ever make it to the table for others.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Lexi is my very expert sous chef. She sits close by whenever I am cooking or baking, ready to clean up anything that might hit the floor or that I might offer her.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lexis Mom, since I've tasted what you have made, I know Lexi has a very good palate.:)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Duke is always at my feet when I am preparing food because he knows how messy I am. SOMETHING will eventually be dropped or spilled that will require expert cleaning, which is Duke's specialty.
Dukesmom always likes to point out that both boys also lie down at my feet when we are eating. She claims I am a messy eater. In retrospect I guess the boys confirm that allegation.
:D

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
If the boys underfoot at mealtime is an issue.

Taught HK to 'Park It'. We have a mat for her in the kitchen away from the table. I have about a half dozen baby carrots at my spot at the table. As Isit down, I tell her to 'Park It', she does, and she gets a carrot. As we eat, she gets another one about every 5 minutes if she stays put. She does!!!!! She likes those carrots.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I have two helpers. Although, they are not allowed to just grab anything that falls on the floor. They must wait until I pick it up and give it to them. Willy just goes and lays by the door and waits for crumbs, Libby is the one sitting there watching your every move.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Wes would walk over a parking lot of glass to get at a piece of American cheese. No matter how deeply he's slumbering, if he hears even the slightest krinkle of that wax-paperish wrap being opened, he's glued to your side, face up, eyes sparkling, tail going a mile a minute.

Hi,MomWOW!Cheese!Makingthegirlssammitches,huh?Mmm.LooksCHEESY!
It'dbeashameifanydroppedonthefloor.AnyofthatCHEESE.Mmmmm...
hoboy.hoboy.hoboy.hoboy.hoboy.hoboy.hoboy.hoboy.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I call mine stalkers! Eddie lies at my feet but does not pick up anything I drop - I don't understand that at all. Windsor stands beside me staring. If I don't respond quickly enough with some testing to do he barks at me.

When the testing starts I get all four, excuse me, five standing around me looking for a peice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts