Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of you asked for an update on the LRRO decision... i got this an hour ago..

Hi Kelli - hope all is well with Koda! I apologize that it has taken me so long to get back to you but only because I kept hoping that I might have a different answer for you. Sadly we will not be able to assist with Koda's second cruciate repair. The executive committee which I am part of stands that the one injury happened prior and though you had already adopted when the vet hospital in Sudbury called us that we would have repaired the leg so that an adoption could take place. We do not normally do a surgery on an already owned dog we normally would do it - adopt out the dog and then collect our adoption fee and put it towards the bill we have already covered. To have it down here Brookfield Animal Hospital offers very good pricing and is located in Brampton if that helps.
I am sorry but know that you will do everything you can for Koda.
Take good care
Joan
FYI: the second leg was diagnosed by the vet when i brought her in for her first surgery.. said it had been there for awhile as well.. not as long as the first.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
What is the fund at if one is started - what do you need, babe? BTW- i'LL VOTE FOR UNIVERSAL HEATH CARE WHEN IT COVERS PETS TOO...

·
Registered
6,054 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
That sucks, I'm sorry :(

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone.. I suppose I need to call the vet today and get things going. I've been in avoidance phase for some time now..

I'll post an update when I speak to Dr. Dev.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Kel, seriously, take advantage of these offers. Koda is loved by all of us and we want to see her at 100%! I'll help out, too. :)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I'm sorry, Kel. But like you said that was the answer you kind of expected so at least they didn't blindside you with it, so I guess there's that. I so wish it would have been different, but we'll help you through it.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Sorry to hear this Kelli. Let us know what you need, great bunch of people here to help out the little girl.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Kelli, I think that there are plenty of people including myself that would chip in to help you out in getting Koda the second surgery.

How can we do this for you?

If you set up a Paypal account, it would be easy for all of us to help you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts