1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I think I am in the minority because I actually liked Miley's dress.

Penelope Cruz, Anne Hathaway and Taraji P Henson looked great.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I thought there were a lot of really nice dresses this year and a lot fewer disasters than usual.

I thought the top half of Miley's dress was beautiful, it just went horribly wrong on the bottom. And it's like Beyonce has reached a point where people are afraid to tell her the truth for fear of being fired or harmed in some way; really awful dress.

I loved Kate Winslett's dress except that in a lot of pictures you could see the outline of the built-in bra. Stunning color.

I thought Heidi Klum's dress was possibly the worst of the evening. I wouldn't have thought it was possible to make her look bad, but she managed.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
the bottom half of miley's dress reminded me of a snow covered christmas tree.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought Heidi Klum's dress was possibly the worst of the evening. I wouldn't have thought it was possible to make her look bad, but she managed.
Did I hear her say that she had to sit on one butt-cheek for like an hour in the limo so as to not crush the back of that gown? RIDICULOUS!

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
there were too many ivory colored gowns. ivory just doesn't look good on everyone.

They all looked like wedding dresses. And did SJP have her boobs done? I don't recall her having quite so much. Kate Winslet looked fabulous as did Angolina (as much as I don't like her). Anne Hathaway is always gorgeous. Was Mickey Rourke auditioning for a Saturday Night Fever remake? WTF was that?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Beyonce's dress was hideous. It did nothing for her. Too many champagne color dresses for me. I know we are in a recession but a little color may cheer people up:)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
there were too many ivory colored gowns. ivory just doesn't look good on everyone.
YES YES YES!!! This was my thought exactly. Soooo many white, off white and champagne dresses that washed out so many stars. I loved the dresses that had colour like Natalie Portmans.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I kind of like all of them - or parts of all of them. The front drapey part of Penelope's gown reminds me of a casket lining, but she still looks lovely. If I wore a casket lining I would look more like Lily Munster!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Oh Edward....! :D

Most of the things people wore this years were HIDEOUS. Ickyy!!!
agree -- i think the only dress i really liked was Alicia Keys one. Even the colour was gorgeous.

All the others looked so *blah* ... where was the colour????

And I think Heidi Klum's dress was awful but the colour really suits her. Too bad the dress was so fugly.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm just looking at the pics now...

Angelina - Cruella DeVille comes to mind.
Penelope just looks like an ass. Horrible!!
Anne Hathaway looks dead.
Who the hell is Amy Adams?
Beyonce - OMG! I almost choked on my cough drop!!!!
I think Nicole Kidman is beautiful!
Ditto for Natalie Portman. Such a beautiful face!!
Sarah Jessica - no words.
Jessica Biel. Why is she famous again? For playing Mary on 7th Heaven? LOL
Heide Klum - no words.
Marisa Tomei look she starved herself for a week to get into that dress.
I think Miley looks adorable, but not a huge fan of that dress.
Evan Rachel Wood - HOLY CRAP. :eek:
What the hell is Reese Witherspoon wearing?!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gasp...who the hell is Amy Adams???? Shame! For Shame!

She was the princess in Enchanted.

She was the flighty debutante in Miss Pettigrew Lives for the Day.

She was the happiness will overcome everything even though I'm a teen and pregnant in Junebug.

She's gorgeous. She's a fantastic actress. She can sing and dance....She's going to be around for quite some time. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts