Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked Duke up Monday from the kennel after a vacation and yesterday I noticed a red pimple like bump on his lip just below his nose. Right now it's about as round as a pencil erasers tip. I remember a previous thread here that discussed this same problem but I can't locate it.
Does anyone remember that thread or has anyone else treated a pimple bump like this?
Thanks

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Hey, it might have been my thread...

Angus had a little red pimple-like thing, about that size, slightly raised and hairless, a little while back. It didn't seem to grow, and it didn't seem to bother him at all, so I just left it alone and waited. It's pretty much gone now. I'd say it lasted about a month.

I was a little worried it was ringworm, but it didn't seem to get any bigger. I still have no idea what it could have been.

G

·
The vet told me that small red bumps around the mouth are from food getting stuck in the fur and causing irritation. so it's basically a pimple. If it gets larger, then I would have a vet check it out.

:)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. When I grabbed his muzzel to look at it he let out a little squeak so it must hurt a bit. It didn't stop him from eating however.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts