Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't we go one week without another recall?!?!?!?!!!!! Sorry to ruin everyones weekend

http://www.royalcanin.us/

The folloThe following eight Sensible Choice dry dog food products and seven Kasco dry dog and cat food products with date codes between July 28, 2006 to April 30, 2007 are being voluntarily recalled:

SENSIBLE CHOICE(R) (available in pet specialty stores nationwide)
SENSIBLE CHOICE(R) Chicken and Rice Adult (Dry Dog Food)
SENSIBLE CHOICE(R) Chicken and Rice Reduced (Dry Dog Food)
SENSIBLE CHOICE(R) Lamb and Rice Reduced (Dry Dog Food)
SENSIBLE CHOICE(R) Chicken and Rice Puppy (Dry Dog Food)
SENSIBLE CHOICE(R) Chicken and Rice Large Breed Puppy (Dry Dog Food)
SENSIBLE CHOICE(R) NATURAL BLEND Adult (Dry Dog Food)
SENSIBLE CHOICE(R) NATURAL BLEND Senior (Dry Dog Food)
SENSIBLE CHOICE(R) NATURAL BLEND Puppy (Dry Dog Food)

KASCO(R) (available in pet specialty stores nationwide)
KASCO(R) Chunks (Dry Dog Food)
KASCO(R) Hi Energy (Dry Dog Food)
KASCO(R) Maintenance (Dry Dog Food)
KASCO(R) Mealettes (Dry Dog Food)
KASCO(R) Mini Chunks (Dry Dog Food)
KASCO(R) Puppy (Dry Dog Food)
KASCO(R) Cat (Dry Cat Food)

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know how many different lines Royal Canin makes so as long as you aren't feeding the sensible Choice or Kasco made by them I would think you will be fine. I was amazed that they had such a huge recall From July of last year???? you would have thought they would have been checking all their foods about a month ago when they learned what to check for...

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Some of their Veterinary formulas (including dry) have also been recalled. Best to check their websites. What I don't understand is why any food packaged on April 30 would be affected/be recalled. Their initial recall was (I think) April 21 (or about there). Why would a date code AFTER that time (you mention up to the 30 April) be recalled? ???

Edited to add that I just checked their US site and it says Best By Dates between July 28, 2007 and April 30, 2008. I would assume that they date them at least a year ahead for the expiry/best buy date, so if that's the case the food problem would go back to July 06 or further.??? I'm starting to get confused by all this. :-\

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked on their site and it looks like the "Health Nutrition" and "Pro " foods are OK. But you might want to go check their site for yourself....they have a list of products that have NOT been recalled on their site as well as a couple of lists that have.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oops they changed their info slightly on their recall, origanally it was "with date codes between July 28, 2006 to April 30, 2007" and now it is "best when used by date codes between July 28, 2007 to April 30, 2008". I think they got their manufacture dates and their best by dates mixed up. So their dry dog food must have a shelf life of about 1 year.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
What I don't get is why they are still recalling MORE of their products this far down the line from the original recall. I thought that the Sensible Choice had already been recalled, but maybe it was a different formula. From what I understand all the dry food is currently processed in the same factory, so is this another case of cross contamination? How can you feel confident when the recalls from a company keep expanding... over weeks!!! :-\

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And even worse they did the famous lets do the recall on Friday afternoon so it won't get any press except on days when most people don't watch news. so hopefully someone will bump this tomorrow morning for those people that are just coming back from the weekend.

Kelly and Amber

1 - 9 of 9 Posts