Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a hectic evening!!! DH and I came inside late afternoon after working outside all day. I check the lab list and find that the NB Venison and Rice that I have been feeding is now being recalled. (Thank you list!) Because in the past 3 weeks I have mentioned to DH that Reba seems a little off. Perhaps getting a little arthritic is what it has seemed like. She has also barfed a couple of times after eating in the evening, which is when I feed the big meal. I passed it off as eating too fast. And today she has not wanted to jump on anything - I actually helped her onto my bed. And the stairs which she generally skips the first 2 steps of has been using every step. Needless to say, I called the vet right away -- 5:15 p.m. here. She thinks waiting until tomorrow morning to do blood work will be okay. I am a little ticked about waiting, but agree. At 5:30 p.m. Reba goes into seizure mode. Her last one was 11/15/06 but my log has that I may have slept thru one on 3/11. Only waking when she wanted to go outside.

This was a long seizure - 5 minutes - but did not seem as rigorous as some have been. I swear, she is awake thru all this. I know she is. This one in particular, she seemed responsive to my touch and voice. She is not blind and deaf afterwards. She just wants to get outside before she poos inside the house. I feel so sorry for her as her hind legs are not that steady. Our house has stairs everywhere.

Tomorrow morning cannot come soon enough. I just wish that I had a vet which I trusted. They actually want me to bring her in tomorrow and leave her until afternoon.

Prayers please.

UPDATE -- I called this morning and was able to take Reba to vet, get blood drawn and bring her home. Will not get results until tomorrow. Hard to explain to vet, but she is just not acting quite right. Particularly worried about her not wanting to jump -- like something is hurting. Vet would like me to free catch some urine. He could not draw any this morning. How do you do this?

The reason they wanted me to bring her and leave her this morning is because today is surgery day and no appointments. They intended to draw blood between surgeries. I was not comfortable with leaving her; wanted to talk to a vet, especially after the seizure yesterday. Got the new to clinic vet on the phone last night and she was not aware of how 'protective' I am of Reba.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,781 Posts
Re: Reba - NB recall and Seizure tonight

I also feed/fed that. I took mine in for blood work today and they all had normal results. I ended up buying the Prescription Diet d/d Venison formula from the vet today to try.

Prayers and good thoughts for Reba that everything will be ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,503 Posts
Re: Reba - NB recall and Seizure tonight

I would hate waiting too...what's the reason for them wanting her to stay all day? I would say no...do whatever tests you want and let me take her home. It's not like she needs to be on an IV or anything like that, right? Unless there is a REAL reason for her to stay, besides convenience for them...I'd bring her home.
Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top