Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PURE BREED LAB OR HUNTING DOG, HAS TO BE A PUPPY BECAUSE WE ARE GOING TO AUCTION IT OFF AT THE DUCKS UNLIMITED DINNER APRIL 16, 2010 IF U GIVE US A PUPPY FOR FREE WE WILL GIVE U 4 TICKETS TO THE DINNER, THE TICKETS ARE $35.00 A PIECE. THANKS CALL ME- :yell:

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Wow! Having been to many a Ducks Unlimited dinner and the auctions involved I would never guess in a million years that this type of advertising or auctioning of a puppy would be condoned by the chapters I know.

I imagine there will be some protesting amongst my friends who I will forward this to.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Ugh. People are disgusting. How about we auction off the jerk that posted that?
They'll get a lot more for the puppy. :)

I am kind of surprised hearing this about a Ducks Unlimited dinner.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I'm remarkably un-outraged by that. Seems to me that if there's one place you're going to find a responsible owner who understands the breed, it's going to be at a Ducks Unlimited dinner. Some lucky puppy is going to spend its life hunting and hanging out in its owners pick-up truck. Doesn't seem so bad.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Buddy, the old chocolate lab I keep for the winter, was a D.U. auctioned puppy. I have also attended a Pheasants Forever banquet auction with a puppy auctioned. And, while yes, the puppy may find a good home with people who hunt, it may also be purchased by someone that had too much too drink, on an impulse and without the spouse at home being consulted first (as was the case with Buddy). So, while there is a potential for a very good home for the dog, it would probably be an impulse buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts