Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to sign up to a Petsmart trainning class very soon. Hegan is starting to nibb a lot. I give him one of his toys to nibb on. After a bit he comes back to me and is still nibbing at my hands. Also this morning a lady in my neighborhood was walking her yellow lab, Hegan and i were in my garage and he went out to meet the lady and her yellow lab. I tried calling him back and he went off as if he hadnt heard a word i said. :tired: then after smelling the other lab for a bit he jumped on it and scared the heck out of it. :scared: boy did i feel bad. oh well hope these Petsmart classes help a lot!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
We started today and I am quite impressed. I didn't think Jake would listen AT ALL but he was sooo good!!! He learned quite a bit in 1 class! Plus they have a satisfaction guarantee so you can take it as many times as you want if you feel like your pup isn't understanding! (I sound like I work there lol) Anyways SO FAR I am a fan!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
We start classes tonight! I'm nervous because we want to take our 10 week old puppies in together, but I'm afraid they won't learn a darn thing because they alway want to play when they are together. :embarrass:

On the plus side it sounds like we're the only ones signed up for the class so we should get very special attention. ;)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Rolex John said:
We start classes tonight! I'm nervous because we want to take our 10 week old puppies in together, but I'm afraid they won't learn a darn thing because they alway want to play when they are together. :embarrass:

On the plus side it sounds like we're the only ones signed up for the class so we should get very special attention. ;)
That is exactly the challenge when you get 2 puppies at once - they need separate training time - which means you have to invest twice as much time to this effort. Additionally they are very much inclined to bond more strongly with each other than they ever will with people. If you can possibly do so, training them completely separately is your best bet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts