Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I initially thought August 31, but decided July 31 is better. :D

I am quitting my job as of July 31, 2009!
woot!!!!!

Been there for 30 years come May, and I really want to be a stay at home dog mom, and do domestic stuff.

On June 1, I get 4 weeks of vacation (paid, if I don't use it), and on July 1, the firm contributes to my pension plan (a month's salary)...

then I exit, graciously, happily

counting the days.... :D :D :D

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zoezoe said:
This should be the JEALOUS thread!! :laugh: Wonderful news for you!! That is soooooooooooooooo exciting!!!
Oh Sandy, you don't know how LONG I've waited for this.
Tomorrow I let the 2 partners w/whom I work closely know. :scare: :scare:
***bites fingernails***

I want to enjoy my life while I'm still able to, take care of my mom, and get our house in order.

Which is scary, because Japanese say that when you start "nesting" and if you're not pregnant, something may be wrong and you are subconsiously preparing for.... :scared: :no:

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
HAH! Ten years from now I'll be posting to you from my office at the college. Still.
Happy sand days ahead, Linda. :happy:

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Oh man.. that must be so exciting.. i plan on winning the lottery and doing the same =)

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eastcoastmom said:
kelli said:
Oh man.. that must be so exciting.. i plan on winning the lottery and doing the same =)
Me too!

Congrats, Linda! That is awesome!!
Lottery would help...too bad it's still illegal in hawaii...
we may be living on spam, vienna sausage and pork and beans.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Unless you are Japanese, don't worry about what the Japanese say! If you are Japanese then maybe some fung shui! I believe that if you see the glass half full then good things will come your way. I envy your making this decision...it's wonderful!! I will retire in 4.5 years, I'm counting the days as well, last count was somewhere around 1400 days!!

Oh how very exciting for you!!

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Wow Linda! That IS exciting news! Good wishes for when you tell the partners tomorrow. So exciting looking forward to the next phase, huh?

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
You will love it. I can't tell you how happy I am not to be working.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Linda, I'm so happy for you. I'm now a retired stay-at-home mom. I love every minute of it. I love being with Buddy and doing volunteer work. I love staying in bed just because I can.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Linda, Happiness is being retired. I highly recommend it. If you can, go for it. Nothing like enjoying life's pleasures while you are able. It sounds like you've worked long and hard for this day.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS! This means you will be available anytime we come to play!! I'm very happy for you Linda!

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Linda! that means that next time we visit Hawaii we'll be able to see you more! :D :laugh:

Congratulations........ such wonderful news! You now get to relax and be a stay at home doggy mum and take up all kinds of interesting hobbies!!

Counting down the days with you....

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Congrats to you! I would love to be at the point where I can count the days......... I'm good at math but starting to count now is mind boggling. Enjoy your retirement you've earned it!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts