Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you get one this year? (Dan, no need to answer :whistle:) Or when was the last time you got one?

We didn't get one last year, but the company sent out an email stating we wouldn't be getting one. OK, that's cool, we were all expecting that. Well today is April 9th and we haven't heard a word. Are we getting one or not? If so, it should have gone into effect April 1st. I even asked my boss the other day and he claimed he didn't know. Guess I'll find out when I get paid on Wednesday. :noidea:

I would honestly understand if we didn't get one again this year, but for craps sake tell us!!!!!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I hate to say it when other people are having a hard time. We did not get a raise last year, but since the company did really well we got a very nice bonus this year and a raise. They made up for last year. I feel very lucky.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jodie, our company has boomed in the last year. Our new plate series is taking off waaaay more than expected and we've gained a ton of accounts from out competitor - Kodak. That's why most of us are like WTF?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
A raise? whats that? no, i don't get raises, havn't got one in 18 years. My daycare rates remain unchanged and probably will. I even took a pay cut with one of the agencies i work with, sucks but i do like my work guess thats why i'm still here doing it.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
We've been very fortunate at our company and have received one every year. Someone's always going to sue someone else whatever the economy. Hubby's pay was frozen for 2 years and he had to take a furlough week each year. But that was lifted this January.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
...mumblegrumble gritzenschmertzer kimmenblintz quinterkafluter goddamnraises minkenfurgers hillgendurm...

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
I hate to say it when other people are having a hard time. We did not get a raise last year, but since the company did really well we got a very nice bonus this year and a raise. They made up for last year. I feel very lucky.
Same here, I have been lucky enough to get a raise every years, some years it is small and other years it is better. I just hate the situation we find ourselves in at the moment. I met with my boss last week to discuss my pay rise/bonus etc, after he finished talking with me, he then had to go tell someone else that she no longer had a job. I just cant get my head around it, I know my pay rise wouldnt have covered her wages, but it just seems wrong. I feel so bad for her (and others in that situation) but i am so thankful that i still have a job.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
As business owners, we basically get whatever is left over. We did do pay raises for people who work in the office, but field personnel get bonuses based on how successful a project is instead of weekly raises.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
July 2008: Pay frozen no raises
2009: No raises, Bonus Program halted, one week without pay first half and again second half. Mid year, 10% salary cut.
2010: No raises, Bonus Program still halted, First week of each qtr off without pay, salary cut remains in place through first half minimum.

Mid or late in the year, they will probably release a Raise Pool of about 5%. So the average employee will be told they are getting a 5% raise. No further mention of the 10% salary cut will be made by the company. It will just be history that the company will hope the employees forget about and that they will be happy with their 5% raise.;

·
Registered
930 Posts
I got one a few months ago and wasn't even told I was getting one!
I found out after I got my second check after the raise.( I have direct deposit so I don't pay too much attention)

Boss said he wanted to make it a surprise! Oh it was!!!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
No pay raise since 2003. I do get a Target Agreement check based on a variety of factors which can vary year to year. They (my company) considers it as part of our salary package and not actually considered a bonus. Since it is not in my paycheck and distributed separately I call it a bonus. I was able to purchase a couple of Happy meals with this years check.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I work for the provinical governement in a management capacity and when the budget was released two weeks ago we were all told our salaries would be forzen for the next two or three years. If I move to a position in the bargaining unit I will recieve whatever raises are already negotiated in the collective agreements. They also said that they will be asking BU to accept a zero increase in the next round of negotiations as it is what all of us have to do to reduce the deficit. They ahve set it up so that the biggest union will strike in 2012 basically reducing the deficit by not having to pay salaries for x amount of weeks. Then we will go back to business as usual.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Did not get a raise, but did get a bonus. I am in the construction industry and it has been a tough few years, so I do feel lucky to have a job.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I've been lucky to get one every year since I've been here (hospital- 10 years). It's usually 3%, but a couple of times they've split it up 1.5% first 6 months , then add on the rest of it the last 6 months. Last year they developed a Pay-4-Performance systems and theoretically you can get anywhere from 0-5%, but they make darn sure nobody gets 5%. They also base the raise on the mid-point of your pay scale, so for the first few years you get more than 3% of your pay, and then you get less. SU on the other hand hasn't had a raise in 4 years, they pay more and more for healthcare and retirement.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.