Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of things do you like to see in raffle baskets at dog shows?

I'm going to donate some things for our trial's raffle, and wonder what folks really like to see in the baskets.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Healthful treats (no rawhides, and the higher quality treats)
Bumpers
Kongs or other very durable toy
Gift certificates to well known pet store chains
Soft crates
Wire crates
Dog bowls
blankets
dog beds
decoys

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Well then - you can just send that bottle to me :) We're in the midst of "skunk season", where they come out of hibernation for a few weeks and get hit on the road all over the place - and my dogs usually get hit at least once with some good skunk perfume.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Funny thing is... we don't have skunks here!
I didn't realize that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How interesting!

Ok, one thing that is popular around here are the fans with rechargable batteries that you can get at Home Depot. I think they're made by Roby or something like that.

Natural treats. Gift cards. Man, the gift cards for some of the gasoline places have been big hits around here, especially when gas was high.

Some of the places I've been to have had wine and cheese baskets that have been popular.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Ok, one thing that is popular around here are the fans with rechargable batteries that you can get at Home Depot. I think they're made by Roby or something like that... Man, the gift cards for some of the gasoline places have been big hits around here, especially when gas was high.
Ooooo, I'd REALLY go for those fans! I have one and wish I had a couple more! The gas cards are a really good idea also!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Nice leashes and/or collars depending on the venue..agility type leashes, obedience leather leashes..

Gift certificate again depending on the venue..Clean run, Max 200, J&J Dog supply

Chocolate for me..*G*G*

Bottle of wine..

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I think stuff specific to showing is always good. I can get kongs/treats/toys at any pet store, I struggle with finding show-specific stuff. ;)

Stuff like article bags (or just nice bags with lots of handy compartments. Even better if they have neat designs and stuff on them!), nice show type leashes/collars, portable bowls, easy to carry foldable chairs, maybe even a tent depending on the raffle budget. The fan idea was a good one.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
These are all great ideas and it makes sense to gear the prizes towards the competition dog and owner. But I don't compete and have won some really neat stuff :D in the raffles I've entered- a reflective collar, a "Sparky's Choice" leash by Auburn Leathercrafters (and I love love love that leash!), Buddy's Choice treats, a towel with a small Lab embroidered on one corner, a terrycloth wet-paw wipe. I've also seen things like pictures, frames, footstools, blankets, chairs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts