Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned on my ceramic hair straightener this morning and got nothing... the little light came on, but no heat. CRAP!

So now I'm in the market for a new one. I didn't really feel like spending $150 this weekend on that, but oh well, I will NOT go without one! I don't even have time to shop for a good deal on-line, since it would take forever to get here.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good brand? I will probably go out at lunch or after work to pick one up.

Edit to add... here is the one I had: Ceramix Professional Ionic Flat Iron

G

·
I had a Chi actually 2 and they both broke. So I bought one at Target for $15 and it has lasted me forever. It works ok not as good as the Chi. I have to keep going over the same pieces a couple of times........

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eastcoastmom said:
I suggest some styling creme & scrunch those curls girlie! (no iron recs, sorry, never owned one, but I hope you find one)
My hair is that in between, very thick (worse now w/ preggers hair) and full, has loads of body but will not wave or curl in a cute way, just frizzes. When its longer I can get away with some wave, but then its too heavy for me to wear up (hurts my head). So I keep it around shoulder length with choppy layers and fringe bangs, which makes a straightener a NECESSITY!

G

·
I have two Chi's. I've had them both for a long time but they still work perfect. Sorry about your luck with them jakeysmom, I'd be pissed if mine broke, they are pricey. I have (knocking on wood here) loved mine and found them to be worth the extra money.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I think we have the same kind of hair. If I had cute curls, I would definatley scrunch and go. But, my hair frizzes in any sort of weather. Yuck.

Try the Chi....I think you can get it on Amazon for around $100US. I have had mine for 2 years, still works great, and my hairdresser says it is the only kind she will use. Far less damaging then some of the others, I guess.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently the CHI isn't available in Canada, unless I order it on-line... but I'm not willing to wait that long! My bangs look like crap! ha!

Ceramix and Paul Mitchell seem to be the big sellers here.

G

·
CoCosMom said:
Apparently the CHI isn't available in Canada, unless I order it on-line... but I'm not willing to wait that long! My bangs look like crap! ha!

I bought my Chi's here at a beauty supply shop in Cambridge, so yes, you can get them here. Well in Ontario anyway.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SandieF said:
CoCosMom said:

I bought my Chi's here at a beauty supply shop in Cambridge, so yes, you can get them here. Well in Ontario anyway.
Maybe that's it, they just aren't in our local salons. Although I haven't gone in yet, I just have called around to a few of the bigger ones. Actually, there is a place downtown that sells professional products to the regular folk, so I'll give them a call.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Anne said:
Try the Chi....I think you can get it on Amazon for around $100US. I have had mine for 2 years, still works great, and my hairdresser says it is the only kind she will use. Far less damaging then some of the others, I guess.
I highly recommend the Chi for the same reasons.

If you can't find it near you, how about ordering and paying for overnight shipping? I can almost guarantee you won't be sorry. ;)

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
CoCosMom said:
SandieF said:
CoCosMom said:

Maybe that's it, they just aren't in our local salons. Although I haven't gone in yet, I just have called around to a few of the bigger ones. Actually, there is a place downtown that sells professional products to the regular folk, so I'll give them a call.
Maritime beauty supply, Obsco, glamour sources...all sell to hairdressers, lf you know someone, get them to get you one if they carry them.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Mine is a Solia ceramic/tourmaline. I'm pretty happy with it; several heat settings, so far dependable performance, doesn't pull my hair-very smooth operation, easy to clean. The only complaint I have is that I should have gone with the larger size, even with shorter hair, the 1/2 inch takes too long too get through my hair.

G

·
I have thick wavy/frizzy hair too. Mine is a Hairart, got it at a salon (Ontario). About $170.00 I think. Very happy with it.

I know the grass is always greener on the other side, but when people say "I'd LOVE to have some wave in my hair, why oh why do you straighten it?" I'm tempted to do a Britney and give it to them! ;D

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, since I was calling salons anyhow about the straighteners... I made an appt for a cut and brown wax on Sat morning. :)

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
i should get my brows done

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sawyersammy said:
I made an appt for a cut and brown wax on Sat morning.
Hey Jo, is the "brown" wax better than the other color they use? hee hee ;)
DARN IT! Well, my hair IS brown you know... :p

Okay, I'll admit that I also am getting my upper lip done.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
SamIAmSIL said:
In LOVE with the Chi - nothing touches my hair like it - too thick and long...
Ditto...I couldn't live without my Chi......not with my thick hair...

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Sounds like we have the same type of hair, Jo. And mine went even curlier (is that a word?) after having Cameron.

Anyways, I'm going to start looking for a straightener. I need one. I hate my hair.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts